New hire feeder/ sleeper team

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I thought new hires had to wait a year for health insurance.
From what I've seen, generally; 1 yr for most PT hires (formerly in company plan), usually upon seniority for new, permanent FT hires (regardless of company or union plan).

Brown Now

I thought new hires had to wait a year for health insurance.
No. 30 working days in a 90 day period. If you've been hired as a permanent,then it's 30 in 90. You'll receive a packet in the mail about two weeks after you make your 30. Keep track of your days. This is the procedure at CACH.

MoarTape

They have been taking stuff off the train in Chicago and having contractors running stuff to our rail yard in Pittsburgh. Meanwhile we have 225 drivers with 95 on the extra board and can't get any new runs. What a crock.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
They have been taking stuff off the train in Chicago and having contractors running stuff to our rail yard in Pittsburgh. Meanwhile we have 225 drivers with 95 on the extra board and can't get any new runs. What a crock.
How many of you want to run team, likely with triples, on the Indiana toll road & Ohio turnpike. I don't know about OH, but NW IN gets some really treacherous weather. Blinding rain, high winds, many feet of lake effect snow. And it is not a rare occurrence that doubles/triples get shut down in IN, forcing a detour south if anticipated, or hours of service issues; possible service failures.
L710 runs out of Chi to MN seats are being filled off the street. Apparently in MN they're still promoting & training from within, which takes a long time.
Do some research. Is the time in transit feasible, while running legal? How many loads? How many of your current drivers would bid these jobs & sign a commitment? How many in your local would sign a commitment to be promoted/trained for team driving? If you've got enough solid interest, have your local meet with the company.

barnyard

KTM rider
Apparently in MN they're still promoting & training from within, which takes a long time.

I am looking into signing a bid for one of these runs. From my understanding, I have enough seniority to sign as an A driver, just need to see if I can sign a bid, as I am currently qualified, but in an outstate center.

I would really like to go back to working a 4 day week.

Last edited: