New hire, have some work related questions

browntownnj

Hello, new hire here to a NJ center, 5 days in. I am currently a loader on Twilight. Questions are many, thanks for any help.

I was hired with 12 other new hires. Training Manager sent us to different areas to train. A couple to went to Sort, a couple to went to Unload, and the rest of us went to Load. Basically we all stayed in the same areas we trained in and are now assigned to.

1. Was there a process that they chose who went where? Or just luck of the draw?

2. I am a strong guy and a fast/hard worker but my scanning and walls are horrible. I am constantly rechecking myself. Scanning is between 200-300 pph, which Management said had to be better. If I am too slow, will I be fired or will they move me to a different job, ie Unloader?

3. I honestly think I will do better without the scanner, such as Unloader or some other area like the workers in the middle of the center who push/drag large Irregulars to our trailers. How do they get that position? Is it because they asked or too slow Loading?

4. Because I am 5 days in, can I request Unloader or Irreg mover? I understand that small Sort, Sort, and Irreg Driver are skilled positions. Can I ask to do those test to work those assignments as new as I am? How do I go about this?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hello, new hire here to a NJ center, 5 days in. I am currently a loader on Twilight. Questions are many, thanks for any help.

I was hired with 12 other new hires. Training Manager sent us to different areas to train. A couple to went to Sort, a couple to went to Unload, and the rest of us went to Load. Basically we all stayed in the same areas we trained in and are now assigned to.

1. Was there a process that they chose who went where? Or just luck of the draw?

2. I am a strong guy and a fast/hard worker but my scanning and walls are horrible. I am constantly rechecking myself. Scanning is between 200-300 pph, which Management said had to be better. If I am too slow, will I be fired or will they move me to a different job, ie Unloader?

3. I honestly think I will do better without the scanner, such as Unloader or some other area like the workers in the middle of the center who push/drag large Irregulars to our trailers. How do they get that position? Is it because they asked or too slow Loading?

4. Because I am 5 days in, can I request Unloader or Irreg mover? I understand that small Sort, Sort, and Irreg Driver are skilled positions. Can I ask to do those test to work those assignments as new as I am? How do I go about this?

You must work in a horrible center. One so bad that you could not find just one person there to ask all these questions instead of strangers on the internet who might not even have the slightest clue since they don't work in YOUR center.

You just started here. You have zero rights. Bust your ass and work as directed.

Make a peep before you are on the union...and you are gone

BTW you will not make the union during the free period