new hire union - how do I join union

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Think of it this way--say you are on trial and you cannot afford a lawyer. You will be assigned a public defender who will represent you and then be reimbursed by the county; however, he will not work as hard for you as he would if you were paying him his regular fee for his services.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Think of it this way--say you are on trial and you cannot afford a lawyer. You will be assigned a public defender who will represent you and then be reimbursed by the county; however, he will not work as hard for you as he would if you were paying him his regular fee for his services.

Very well put

Troutman

I've been on both sides and my recommendation is to make sure that you get GOOD information when you ask questions because there is plenty of sources. Don't let some loud mouth or blow hard (union OR management) speak for you or try to BS you. Make up your on mind. Keep your cool, ask for clarification, show respect...most of the time it works very well. You also EARN a lot of respect with that method. Also, NO ONE ever won a shouting match....either party....both lose.