New Meme!! See the Boston bully

Peak Cardboard

Not for nothing, I'm not a ups guy myself-but to be honest-as a Teamster and a trade unionist-what happens at UPS matters to me and my brothers that aren't wearing brown. To see this kind of partisan garbage prior to negotiations suggests a few things:
-People need to grow tf up

-People need to remember we're a UNION
(United we bargain divided we fail)

-Any UPS supervisor/manager/lawyer can come on here to glean negotiating tactics for each region. (For instance just from this thread-maybe for the SW supplement they could insist on Teamcare and refuse to back off or go any other way)

-People don't even seem to KNOW who SO really is or what he's about. Perhaps they should attend a meeting at his local and listen to him speak (and don't bring up OLD garbage either!)

-Give the guy a chance, one particular (smaller) company that I heard of cowered and tapped out after experiencing the leverage SO's local brought to bear against them.

Disclaimer: I picked the screen name because I've heard the man speak and as some here have pointed out-he certainly seems to be James Riddle Hoffa reincarnate and THAT is only good for our union.

Have a great night brothers. Solidarity is everything because we're under attack. Don't let petty past things cloud the future. It doesn't seem like SO is. Here's hoping he can unite the divide between the factions in our union.

anHOURover

Not for nothing, I'm not a ups guy myself-but to be honest-as a Teamster and a trade unionist-what happens at UPS matters to me and my brothers that aren't wearing brown. To see this kind of partisan garbage prior to negotiations suggests a few things:
-People need to grow tf up

-People need to remember we're a UNION
(United we bargain divided we fail)

-Any UPS supervisor/manager/lawyer can come on here to glean negotiating tactics for each region. (For instance just from this thread-maybe for the SW supplement they could insist on Teamcare and refuse to back off or go any other way)

-People don't even seem to KNOW who SO really is or what he's about. Perhaps they should attend a meeting at his local and listen to him speak (and don't bring up OLD garbage either!)

-Give the guy a chance, one particular (smaller) company that I heard of cowered and tapped out after experiencing the leverage SO's local brought to bear against them.

Disclaimer: I picked the screen name because I've heard the man speak and as some here have pointed out-he certainly seems to be James Riddle Hoffa reincarnate and THAT is only good for our union.

Have a great night brothers. Solidarity is everything because we're under attack. Don't let petty past things cloud the future. It doesn't seem like SO is. Here's hoping he can unite the divide between the factions in our union.
I'm sorry brother but with all due respect he already screwed me and my fellow brothers and sisters. He was in charge of the supplements. The one my local voted no on 2 times. 85% NOOOOOO
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF THE BOSTON BULLY said your vote don't count and forced a subpar contract on you ?

Peak Cardboard

I'm sorry brother but with all due respect he already screwed me and my fellow brothers and sisters. He was in charge of the supplements. The one my local voted no on 2 times. 85% NOOOOOO
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF THE BOSTON BULLY said your vote don't count and forced a subpar contract on you ?

So let me get this straight-and please do correct me if I'm wrong cause as I mentioned I don't work for UPS myself.

-My understanding is that certain (2-3) supplements kept getting voted down and that was something that was keeping 85-90% of ALL the UPS'ers in the nation from getting their raises/supplements that were already voted on and passed and because of overwhelming support for all those others, they passed the contract thru using the Teamster constitution and/or bylaws.

Peak Cardboard

Tried to edit to add in but forum said it was spam

Also-that was THEN, this is NOW. If you don't have hope and positivity at this point prior to negotiations, then you're obviously still going to vote no even if they give you a $10/hr raise per year, $50/hr more in pension, continued TeamsterCare (fully funded from what I understand?) plus a free car and gas to drive it to work, massages before and after work and all your meals paid for.

If it kept getting voted down and it was last best and final from the company and ALL others had been ratified yet this was holding up the raises and increases etc. then in that case the majority had already ruled. Please feel free to answer here or even PM me if you like-I'm always open to civil debate and discussion with my brothers from other mothers. Would like to know some of the history of this as well since UPS is our biggest contingent.

-Which supplement is it?
-What was so subpar about it?
-Got a link for me to check it out?
-What did you lose vs gain?
-Was it last/best/final?
-Is it true that more than 50% + 1 of the whole contract/supplements had already been ratified at that point?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
From my understanding he was born with gold slippers on. He was given Everything
Also heard he acts like a tough guy around the members but is a push over to he company. Did you see the email to and from the company ?
Stop getting your info TU who gets their info from TDU. Sean is a 4th generation Teamster. Hardly a a bronze spoon. Funny thing is he doesn't act like a tough guy to members at all. You don't know him so don't pretend like you do.

Peak Cardboard

Stop getting your info TU who gets their info from TDU. Sean is a 4th generation Teamster. Hardly a a bronze spoon. Funny thing is he doesn't act like a tough guy to members at all. You don't know him so don't pretend like you do.
Perhaps you could also fill me in a bit as to if what I understand/have posted is correct about the contract ratification last go around?

wide load

Perhaps you could also fill me in a bit as to if what I understand/have posted is correct about the contract ratification last go around?
Your dead balls on! The vote no campaign is 50% political and 50% delusional. I honestly feel that this opposition campaign will ONLY put an inroad into our prosperity. Keep posting brother. You obviously get it!

Peak Cardboard

Your dead balls on! The vote no campaign is 50% political and 50% delusional. I honestly feel that this opposition campaign will ONLY put an inroad into our prosperity. Keep posting brother. You obviously get it!
Brother we got enough damn enemies trying to destroy us without starting on us being all disjointed and not unified! I certainly believe that SO might really be the one who may go down in history as the great uniter of the Teamsters. I've seen things on social media where help has been needed for JC10 stuff and past things have been ignored in the pursuit of the greater good for our union. IMO it takes a bigger man to say "hey let's go at this TOGETHER" than be the one to hold a petty grudge for past BS. Sure I've seen the video from 2015-but has anyone seen the OTHERS? The Labor Day breakfast one or perhaps the Harvard dining strike one? The man is the present day JRH and there's no doubt in my mind about that brother. Being a northeastern guy-allow me to quote Tom Brady as we move forward fighting RTW and get into UPS negotiations.

LEEEETTSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

anHOURover

Tried to edit to add in but forum said it was spam

Also-that was THEN, this is NOW. If you don't have hope and positivity at this point prior to negotiations, then you're obviously still going to vote no even if they give you a $10/hr raise per year, $50/hr more in pension, continued TeamsterCare (fully funded from what I understand?) plus a free car and gas to drive it to work, massages before and after work and all your meals paid for.

If it kept getting voted down and it was last best and final from the company and ALL others had been ratified yet this was holding up the raises and increases etc. then in that case the majority had already ruled. Please feel free to answer here or even PM me if you like-I'm always open to civil debate and discussion with my brothers from other mothers. Would like to know some of the history of this as well since UPS is our biggest contingent.

-Which supplement is it?
-What was so subpar about it?
-Got a link for me to check it out?
-What did you lose vs gain?
-Was it last/best/final?
-Is it true that more than 50% + 1 of the whole contract/supplements had already been ratified at that point?
Local 623 FACT
Retiree healthcare went from $50 a month to over $300 a month FACT
MY healthcRe went from a company blue cross to an unstable Teamcare which we we're told was in some way better
No it was it last/best/final
All this being said and this was the "improved" Teamcare after we shot it down in record numbers. These are all facts
If you had what I had you would be mad also.
Over 20 years of excellent healthcare and now my local is suffering. I'm ok BUT what about the part timers who have to choose between paying for Teamcare or eating campbells soup ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So let me get this straight-and please do correct me if I'm wrong cause as I mentioned I don't work for UPS myself.

-My understanding is that certain (2-3) supplements kept getting voted down and that was something that was keeping 85-90% of ALL the UPS'ers in the nation from getting their raises/supplements that were already voted on and passed and because of overwhelming support for all those others, they passed the contract thru using the Teamster constitution and/or bylaws.

That about sums it up.

wide load

Brother we got enough damn enemies trying to destroy us without starting on us being all disjointed and not unified! I certainly believe that SO might really be the one who may go down in history as the great uniter of the Teamsters. I've seen things on social media where help has been needed for JC10 stuff and past things have been ignored in the pursuit of the greater good for our union. IMO it takes a bigger man to say "hey let's go at this TOGETHER" than be the one to hold a petty grudge for past BS. Sure I've seen the video from 2015-but has anyone seen the OTHERS? The Labor Day breakfast one or perhaps the Harvard dining strike one? The man is the present day JRH and there's no doubt in my mind about that brother. Being a northeastern guy-allow me to quote Tom Brady as we move forward fighting RTW and get into UPS negotiations.

LEEEETTSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Brother, your like a breath of fresh air! Thank you! I think the people that are complaining about Sean are just jealous of him. They need him to fail. Sean does his best work when his back is against it.

Peak Cardboard

Local 623 FACT
Retiree healthcare went from $50 a month to over $300 a month FACT
MY healthcRe went from a company blue cross to an unstable Teamcare which we we're told was in some way better
No it was it last/best/final
All this being said and this was the "improved" Teamcare after we shot it down in record numbers. These are all facts
If you had what I had you would be mad also.
Over 20 years of excellent healthcare and now my local is suffering. I'm ok BUT what about the part timers who have to choose between paying for Teamcare or eating campbells soup ?
I don't have a Teamster plan at the moment-BUT, my local is working on getting us into one so we'll have the OPTION for retiree care. Right now we got nothing but fire in our belly to get Teamster pensions/H&W when the contract comes up soon.