New P750

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Anybody know anything about these? Do they have a low step? The first p7s had a low step, then the newer ones were higher? I still can't figure that out.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Bumping.....anybody have any info on this car? It may be what I start driving next week. They sent my old 8 to the junkyard and are getting a new p750 and a new p10, I know I won't get the 10 hoping for the other and not another old 8.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you are getting a new car to replace a P8, then you are better off anyway you look at it. I have not seen a P750, so I can't comment on those. I drive a P70D built two years ago and love it, even though it only has a 4.3 liter 170 HP Mercedes 4 cylinder turbodiesel in it. Our newest P7s we got about a year ago, they have "P70D New Generation" on the VIN label located on the bulkhead door behind the driver's seat. They are the single rear axle type and don't turn so sharp, mine has dualies and turns better.

I didn't start as a 20 year old. I was 36 so after 22 years (2009) when I am 58 I can retire with my full pension.
Geeez you sound like me. March 2nd I'll be 58yo, May 1st will be 20 years driving. Worked 3 years as a non-union clerk before driving, still trying to figure out when I can retire with full pension.

upsgrunt

I didn't start as a 20 year old. I was 36 so after 22 years (2009) when I am 58 I can retire with my full pension.

Sir, I feel for you and sympathize with your situation. I was lucky? enough to start driving at 22, and am just waiting for my 50th birthday so I can keep the insurance along with the pension. I'm still torn whether it is better to start early, put in more time, and finish younger or start later, and put in less time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New cars..........that is something my center never sees. We just got another P32 to replace one that had been crushed. Its a 2000 with 185,000+ miles on it.
Our current fleet are mostly 1995 models and with 300,000 plus on each. And each one is barely road operational.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Sir, I feel for you and sympathize with your situation. I was lucky? enough to start driving at 22, and am just waiting for my 50th birthday so I can keep the insurance along with the pension. I'm still torn whether it is better to start early, put in more time, and finish younger or start later, and put in less time.

I'm not a sir, been female fulltime package car driver for almost 21 years, worked on driver preload for 16 years in addition everyday. One disadvantage of starting later is my pension will be much less because of years paid in.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm not a sir, been female fulltime package car driver for almost 21 years, worked on driver preload for 16 years in addition everyday. One disadvantage of starting later is my pension will be much less because of years paid in.

Part time 23 yrs; since 1987 an air driver ( which increased my pension credit hours to full year status ) and 9 years full time combo. When I retire its going to be with a full pension. Currently I'm too young to do so.

upsgrunt

Sorry for the mistake- It is not that I don't have the same respect for you

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Part time 23 yrs; since 1987 an air driver ( which increased my pension credit hours to full year status ) and 9 years full time combo. When I retire its going to be with a full pension. Currently I'm too young to do so.

How will you retire with a full pension with 23 years part time??

D

doyouknowwhatyoudrive

There is no such thing as a P750.

There also is no such thing as a P1300.

I understand the numbering system can be confusing. It made sense for many years when they changed to a 6 digit number. The first digit or two designated the size and vehicle type.

That ended when they ran out of available numbers. Now it makes no sense again, like when there only 5 digit numbers.

The vehicle type designation is based upon the cubic feet of cargo area and the engine fuel type.

For example a P70D is diesel engine package car with 700 feet of cargo space.

The only exception I know of is the P70XD, which is a singel rear wheel P70 diesel.

The 13xxxx numbered vehicles are either a P100D of P120D.

Ask your mechanic if you want to know the correct vehicle designation.

If a mechanic called an alternator a wheel, you'd think he was stupid.

Does the same theroy apply to a professional, highly paid driver that doesn't even know what he's driving or how to check the oil.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Geeez you sound like me. March 2nd I'll be 58yo, May 1st will be 20 years driving. Worked 3 years as a non-union clerk before driving, still trying to figure out when I can retire with full pension.

Contact the union, they should have people who deal only with the pension. Ask for a meeting with them, or ask for an estimate of when you can retire with full pension and how much it will be.

If you are in Western States, it's 80 and out, years of service plus age, but the insurance costs you if you are not yet 55.

brownrodster

If you are in Western States, it's 80 and out, years of service plus age, but the insurance costs you if you are not yet 55.

Im in western with 80 and out but I thought that no matter when we retire we still have to pay a portion of medical. Currently it's 800 per month for full med benefits for a couple. Less for single.