New PAStime

LKLND3380

At our center it is a skilled job, being that you get paid the +$1, however our special (ed.) management pays unloaders that +1 too. I do however think it is a skilled position, knowing how to correct all the possible different flaws in an address are a skill, knowing when that street doesn't exist in a zip code and knowing where that street does takes skill, knowing when an address is correct but still comes up Not In System takes skill, and being able to do it as fast as the sort goes takes skill. This is just my experience in my small center, we only have 1 clerk so that person gets to do everything, in a larger center you may be one of many and just fix blank labels.

New hires can make $30 an hour... The contract ONLY outlines the MINIMUM pay...

Mike Hawk

I know a guy in NY that works on a friend/t preload, but most are part time now. In my building the preload clerk position is just a prefered position for the preload, you get a little more overtime than the rest of the people but its nowhere near friend/t. I guess it is just different rules for different buildings.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
Decap DCAP whatever you want to call it is easy :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:.

Don't take the SPA job because that is what I did not I am back to the boxline.

We are the only center in the country running our sorts this way now, the hub personnel are labeling the packages with a spa label and then sorting accordingly. Wireless scanners and printers. It works like hell.

ikoi62

I can't see being able to get 40 hours on that job. I've never heard of an 8 hour a day preload.
you may not see it but it is there.
where im at the am clerks do address corrections up in dcap and after preload about is done we do the other things like add corrects and phone calls and scan all the stuff left in building..like closed places or miss packages. plus we do repacks and damages. so from 330am to 830am its decap then from 830 to 1130 its the other stuff.
On the pm side they do return postcards and dcr's and stuff left over by the am clerks, then when the drivers come back we do the bad adds and holds and will calls and damages.
but i guess it all depends where you are in the country as to who does what.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Decap DCAP whatever you want to call it is easy :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:.

Don't take the SPA job because that is what I did not I am back to the boxline.

We are the only center in the country running our sorts this way now, the hub personnel are labeling the packages with a spa label and then sorting accordingly. Wireless scanners and printers. It works like hell.
I don't see how a DCAPer wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility of SPAing at my center those 2 positions are interchangeable if the employee is skilled at both but SPAing is usually a prerequisite to DCAPing.

PAUPSER

The preload at are center gets anywhere from 3 to 4 hours a day for the sorters, unloaders and loaders. The SPA people get slightly more then 4 hours, because they have to wait for a the air car to arrive. again i am sure its all different for center to center