New pay rate

Brisket

So what interest rate is UPS using to reimburse us for all that cash they're holding? What about the losses from being invested during a bull market?
C32F262A-52C5-48CF-B306-5283B0FA4C22.gif

Brownshow

On your pay check you are getting the old rate but you've been getting the new rate since Aug 1st. Once the supplements are settled then you will receive a retro paycheck for the amount owed to you since Aug 1st.

No the Master was ratified. We still have 5 supplemental contracts that need to be negotiated. Once those are done is when you will see your new pay rate on your paycheck.

I understand how it's supposed to work but what I don't get is why they would retro pay, as a lump sum I'm assuming(?), any hours paid after the master was ratified. If the master was ratified, which held the agreement on the new rates of pay, shouldn't those rates be in effect and all drivers be retro paid from 8/1 up to the date of ratification? I guess if you're receiving what was contractually agreed upon one way or the other in due time, some might see it as a moot point. I think it's bull:censored2:, and illogical to see it any other way than that if the master contract was ratified, which contained the agreement upon new progression rates, all drivers in progression or otherwise should receive the negotiated rates of pay effective immediately following the date of ratification.

I'd also like to point out that there are drivers in my center being paid 21 an hour, new hires, as well as point out that it is advertised as a potential starting wage. I'm a driver in progression and have literally been working for UPS since pre-peak 2016 and get paid less than that.

Maybe my argument is 'ignorant' as some have said, if nobody else can see my point then I guess it must be so.

lolbr

About a 2% raise. Inflation is 2%. YAY!

UPS sure knows what they're doing. Union, not so much.
The minimum wage progression in this state over the next 5 years is more than what this contract provides. All those yes votes from current employees so that new employees can start at $1.00 above minimum wage in five years.

PT Car Washer

The minimum wage progression in this state over the next 5 years is more than what this contract provides. All those yes votes from current employees so that new employees can start at $1.00 above minimum wage in five years.
All of those yes votes are from current employees who will be making over $40/hr in 5 years. I got mine and the hell with new Union members.

budlight

hey friend* face
You want a kick in the ball sack? Know that every feeder driver being hired off the street is getting a higher pay rate than you, that has worked at the big brown pile of shiitake mushrooms for almost 13 years, while you've been in progression for 3.75 YEARS. Eat an entire wall of Peni. You non-voting worthless part-timer. Excuse me, newly-minted full-timer? Yeah, I'm all kinds of mad. @me all you want pussnboots.