New pay structure for IC's and increase in property damage deductibles

Have any of you contractors heard about an increase in pay coming soon for IC's ? I was told by a broker who is familiar with fedex in multiple states that it's coming. . Was also told today my station is increasing property damage deductibles from 2,000 to 10,000 . Do you guys know if I can purchase additional Insurance to cover this large of a deductible.?

bacha29

Have any of you contractors heard about an increase in pay coming soon for IC's ? I was told by a broker who is familiar with fedex in multiple states that it's coming. . Was also told today my station is increasing property damage deductibles from 2,000 to 10,000 . Do you guys know if I can purchase additional Insurance to cover this large of a deductible.?
Was this an insurance broker or a route broker? Either way you're so called raise is probably whatever premium savings you might realize as a result of raising your deductible.

Route broker and we don't pay premiums towards this deductible it's just FedEx charges us the first 10,000 now for any at fault accident damage to the other parties vehicle or lets say we run into the side of somebody's house.

bacha29

Who has 10k when your brand new drivers have the potential to run into things at will . That is to steep it yes to be 500
Let's get this straight. Fedex Ground NOT an outside insurer is providing business insurance for your vehicles, freight, workman's comp and all other required insurances with a 10K deductible which you have to cover as the contractor? Now have you ever looked at an outside insurer for coverage?

bacha29

It’s only 10k for backing accidents if you are implementing a proper safety program. Any other accidents are still 2k. It’s still :bsbullf: but there’s not much to do about it.
I knew those class action settlements would emboldened them .Same command and control simply reshuffled like a deck of cards to make it less obvious.