New Pharmacy Delivery Procedure in DIAD

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The way I look at it, if it's at a grocery store, then I just got one more stop. We have a store called Fred Meyer over here and it's an all in one type store...so there could be up to 4 stops just at that one place. It doesn't bother me that I already have to walk through the store after making my dock delivery there, cause I have to go and make a delivery to the bank and then to the Jewelry Department where I have a pickup as well. The pharmacy is between them so it's no big deal for me.

govols019

You smell that?
After I had delivered the pkgs and was getting ready to complete the stop, another note came up: "Did you deliver to pharmacy?" and you had to press Y or N accordingly before you could complete the stop.

If you hit N the DIAD will not allow you to complete the stop. Hitting Y is the only option.

wornoutupser

not all drugs are controlled drugs.

if you are delivering one of the controlled medications, you will be required to get a signature.

for other types, no.

i too think that ups should get signatures on all pharmaceuticals delivered to a residential stop. but not my call

d

Danny,
I agree with you 100%.
I deliver in a small town and I know most of my customers well.
That being said, I know pretty much what they are receiving.
A case in point: I had a cancer patient and we were delivering morphine to them. I knew that this was a controlled class ll narcotic, yet it kept coming in without a signature required. I was getting one to cover myself.
On a Friday, I had one for them and they were out at the doctor. I called in to my supervisor and got into a roaring "discussion" on this. I was told that I had been stealing the time to get a signature for these deliveries and I was INSTRUCTED to DR the package in a DR bag and LEAVE IT HANGING ON A GATE!

Yeah, lets just leave narcotics hanging for the neighbor thugs to steal!

We lost that account over this one DR. The shipper should have required a signature but to leave morphine was one of the stupidist calls that I have EVER seen here!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
upstate

its because of this type of pinhead
my supervisor and got into a roaring "discussion" on this. I was told that I had been stealing the time to get a signature for these deliveries and I was INSTRUCTED to DR the package in a DR bag and LEAVE IT HANGING ON A GATE!

you as the driver are the only one that is able to make the call if the delivery is safe or not. leaving a package hanging from the gate is not ever a safe delivery.

we have food city here. each store has a bank, pharmacy, video store, some have vision centers, medical clinic etc. i always delivered to them from the front, using the shopping carts when they got a lot. managers really loved the fact the packages got where they were supposed to be.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The way I look at it, if it's at a grocery store, then I just got one more stop. We have a store called Fred Meyer over here and it's an all in one type store...so there could be up to 4 stops just at that one place. It doesn't bother me that I already have to walk through the store after making my dock delivery there, cause I have to go and make a delivery to the bank and then to the Jewelry Department where I have a pickup as well. The pharmacy is between them so it's no big deal for me.
I also have a Fred Meyer on my route, and its the same deal for me it winds up being 3 or 4 stops. I like the new software....I dont ever want to be falsely accused of stealing drugs if one of the boxes comes up missing. The GPS knows where I am at, and if I follow the proper procedure for the pharmacy deliveries then my ass is covered.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
upstate

its because of this type of pinhead

you as the driver are the only one that is able to make the call if the delivery is safe or not. leaving a package hanging from the gate is not ever a safe delivery.

we have food city here. each store has a bank, pharmacy, video store, some have vision centers, medical clinic etc. i always delivered to them from the front, using the shopping carts when they got a lot. managers really loved the fact the packages got where they were supposed to be.

d

Exactly!! That is why it's called driver relase, not supervisor release, or manager release. I believe it should be our call since we will be held accountable, no matter what the suits might tell us to do. As for stealing time, see how that would shake out at a hearing.