New punch-in at work with upsers id

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone started this yet? I had some questions about it. Are logging on a computer or through the diad? What is the point of it?
On the DIAD it is rather simple. You will see a new screen where you punch in your employee ID and UPSers password. Then you have to type in your last name on the following screen before you are officially clocked in. It is that simple. Yet, in typical seasoned driver fashion, many in my center had a hell of a time adjusting.

barnyard

KTM rider
If your password is more than 6 months old and you know that the new login is coming, change your password. You have to have a newish password.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Anyone started this yet? I had some questions about it. Are logging on a computer or through the diad? What is the point of it?
I asked what the point is as well. Was told that not everything we have to do is directly related to our job. Sometimes it’s a policy to change company “policy”. We used to have routes that would not show up but the driver would take four or five different boards with them to take work off other drivers with the other drivers name in there. This has eliminated that practice here. Could be coincidence, but who knows.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We used to have routes that would not show up but the driver would take four or five different boards with them to take work off other drivers with the other drivers name in there. This has eliminated that practice here. Could be coincidence, but who knows.
That’s dirty AF and hurts the dispatch significantly in the long run

542thruNthru

I asked what the point is as well. Was told that not everything we have to do is directly related to our job. Sometimes it’s a policy to change company “policy”. We used to have routes that would not show up but the driver would take four or five different boards with them to take work off other drivers with the other drivers name in there. This has eliminated that practice here. Could be coincidence, but who knows.

That's interesting. We have a few "shuttle" guys that take out 2 boards with drivers names in them to deliver bulk stops.

Can't wait for management to freak out when that goes away.

Ghost in the Darkness

Ok... thanks everyone for your insight. We are supposed to get it soon. I asked a sup here and as I figured, they knew nothing.

My password has capital letters and symbols not on the diad keyboard... what happens then?! Onscreen keyboard with more options?

542thruNthru

Ok... thanks everyone for your insight. We are supposed to get it soon. I asked a sup here and as I figured, they knew nothing.

My password has capital letters and symbols not on the diad keyboard... what happens then?! Onscreen keyboard with more options?

I believe I read somewhere on here a new keyboard pops up on the screen. I could be wrong though.

ManInBrown

That's interesting. We have a few "shuttle" guys that take out 2 boards with drivers names in them to deliver bulk stops.

Can't wait for management to freak out when that goes away.
Yeah right at the end of my time in package during the last peak I had o help a driver, and a nighttime air driver brought me out a board with the drivers name in it I was going to help. Their silly numbers games

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yeah right at the end of my time in package during the last peak I had o help a driver, and a nighttime air driver brought me out a board with the drivers name in it I was going to help. Their silly numbers games
Over the years I've seen at least 20 center managers and supervisors (including 2 division managers) get fired at my building, and every single one of them was for fudging reports to make their numbers look better. And yet still they persist.

Whither

Scofflaw

Yup, there's a tiny pop-up keyboard w extra characters, symbols, etc. You'll have to use the stylus.

mrbrownstone

The reason for there change is that the new diads coming out won’t be assigned to a route or driver. You will simply log in with your user id and password and download edd for whatever route your doing. That’s how it was explained in my center.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
The reason for there change is that the new diads coming out won’t be assigned to a route or driver. You will simply log in with your user id and password and download edd for whatever route your doing. That’s how it was explained in my center.
Yea what could possibly go wrong with that?

barnyard

KTM rider

That is exactly how the ivis works for feeders. You log in to whatever ivis is available and your schedule is loaded when you punch in.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That is exactly how the ivis works for feeders. You log in to whatever ivis is available and your schedule is loaded when you punch in.
We still have our own assigned IVIS phone, but yes technically you can log into any phone and use it.

ManInBrown

Over the years I've seen at least 20 center managers and supervisors (including 2 division managers) get fired at my building, and every single one of them was for fudging reports to make their numbers look better. And yet still they persist.
I have a doozy of a story but it will give away the building I did package at. Wish I could tell it

bumped

I've mentioned this before when this topic was brought up. Am I suppose to know my satellite drivers ID and password to punch his board in? Am I suppose to remember the ID and password for the people who fills in for this driver when on vacation or personal day? Will the people who fill in for me be responsible for knowing the satellites ID and password?