New system for Ground

FedExer267

But isn't it in FedEx's best interest to have better paid Ground drivers, assuming the money is there? If true then the contractors are undermining Ground's success. FedEx has known about the poor pay for, oh I don't know, as long as there's been a Ground, right? Looking at the way pay has gone at Express, I think FedEx is very happy with the pay Ground drivers are getting and are working towards getting Express couriers as close to Ground pay as possible. They are only interested in paying as little as possible that'll keep couriers and drivers at it, and are constantly looking for the lowest common denominator. Their answer is to raise starting pay to attract newhires rather than reward those stuck in their web.

Thats they way it is van I am sure they are thinking of ways to pay you guys 10 bucks a hour too with no ot and no benefits.
The sad thing is they just dont get it they want professional drivers and professional drivers wont work for chicken scratch.
Its going to be intresting to see what happens when they have to many routes and not enough drivers. People are leaving ground everyday because real jobs are hiring again.

vantexan

Thats they way it is van I am sure they are thinking of ways to pay you guys 10 bucks a hour too with no ot and no benefits.
The sad thing is they just dont get it they want professional drivers and professional drivers wont work for chicken scratch.
Its going to be intresting to see what happens when they have to many routes and not enough drivers. People are leaving ground everyday because real jobs are hiring again.

And with fuel prices projected to go way up very soon, it's not going to get any better. I'm going to have to park my pickup and walk the 3 miles to work if gas goes over $4 a gallon.

vantexan

The poor pay is an integral part of the "plan". Ground drivers are meant to be disposable. If they ever started making $16-$18 per hour en masse', the profit structure would be in shambles. Underpaying for labor is probably the biggest key to the success of Ground, and one of the biggest incentives to keep pay low is more of the cream off the top for the contractor. If he has to pay more, then FedEx has to compensate the contractor more so they (the contractor) don't lose any money. In other words, there is little incentive to raise the overall pay of Ground drivers.

It's a house of cards and it's not going to be pretty when it falls.

FedExer267

The poor pay is an integral part of the "plan". Ground drivers are meant to be disposable. If they ever started making $16-$18 per hour en masse', the profit structure would be in shambles. Underpaying for labor is probably the biggest key to the success of Ground, and one of the biggest incentives to keep pay low is more of the cream off the top for the contractor. If he has to pay more, then FedEx has to compensate the contractor more so they (the contractor) don't lose any money. In other words, there is little incentive to raise the overall pay of Ground drivers.
You hit the nail on the head MFE. Which is why I say when they add this whole on call thing its going to be funny when drivers call them back and say cant make it or out of the area. I just wonder if the contractor will get the 40 dollar charge for a miss pick up which if thats the case will end up costing him more in the long run. You cant expect the average Ground driver to give you UPS or Express quality work for 10 bucks a hour.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You forgot to say that Fred runs the company with a Hitler modled attitude.

Sorry. Fred actually runs Express like the Marine Corps, an organization he idolizes. Most Groundpounders I know are completely brainwashed, which is pretty much what Fred wants out of us.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Sorry. Fred actually runs Express like the Marine Corps, an organization he idolizes.
Yup,
I always tell people that X loves ex-military because the mentality is that they hired your from the neck down.
I also notice X loves homosexuals and Jehova's Witnesses. (Witnesses because they don't celebrate any holidays, (I think))

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yup,
I always tell people that X loves ex-military because the mentality is that they hired your from the neck down.
I also notice X loves homosexuals and Jehova's Witnesses. (Witnesses because they don't celebrate any holidays, (I think))

I never thought about your last comments, but I know several people from the religion you mention at FedEx, and it's not that common. And it's true that they do not celebrate Christmas or birthdays. I don't know very many male homosexuals at FedEx, but we have a ton of lesbians. Fred has made the Marine Corps comments several times during interviews, and recently pointed one of his troubled sons towards the Marines as a way of getting his act together. Management gurus used to call the FedEx management style "Genghis Khan" management...not far from the truth, eh?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Sorry. Fred actually runs Express like the Marine Corps, an organization he idolizes. Most Groundpounders I know are completely brainwashed, which is pretty much what Fred wants out of us.

I am a FedEx Courier and this is my truck. There are many others just like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my truck is nothing. Without my truck, I am nothing. I am a FredEx courier.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am a FedEx Courier and this is my truck. There are many others just like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my truck is nothing. Without my truck, I am nothing. I am a FredEx courier.

"Semper Fred"... If a Courier Pak falls on the ground in front of traffic, you need to hurl your body on top of it and get run over in order to save the package. Uuur Ahhhh!!!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Keep that up and you'll be one of those smiling couriers in a FedEx ad.

I don't see that happening anytime soon. I wanted the news people to ride with me for the "Peak Shot", but I was told that I have too bad an attitude... can't imagine where they would get that idea (says the guy with issues of UPS Teamster in his backpack with his out-of-date mapscos..)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When their done riding with you they can come ride with me.

Whenever the media is involved with FedEx they get a "photo op" snapshot of some Dudley DoRight kiss-ass employee who loves FedEx so much they'd work for free if you let them. Always carefully crafted, and set-up to the max.

If you read Express policy closely, you can actually be terminated for talking to the media without prior permission. When the MD-11 crashed in Tokyo 2 years ago, we were directed to not say anything to the media parked outside the ramp. We were told to direct any questions to the PR Department in MEM and threatened with termination if we made any unauthorized contact or comments. Talk about being controlled. The local TV reporters couldn't believe we were under what was essentially a gag order.

Non sequitur

As a ups driver, you guys have my sympathy. My brother-in-law is a Fedex pilot and as I'm sure you no they are unionized. Top scale wage is over 200,000 same as ups pilots. Now I no some of the flaws of unions, but ups-teamsters is like a repulican union. I mean your company needs to be profitable before it can pay its people good wages. Looks like fedex needs to step up to the plate and fairly compensate its hard working workforce. My prayers are with you guys because sounds like you'll need some divine intervention.