New to Feeder. Need advice on essentials.

Just finished my feeder training. From what I was told here is what I carry in my backpack.

Flashlight + extra batteries
Multi tool
Car charger
Extra gloves
Extra reflective vest
Dot papers
Disinfectant wipes
Advil
Pens/paper

Am I missing something. I want to get one of those iron rods to hit the tires with but I don't know what they are called or where to find them.
Thanks in advance.

By The Book

Just finished my feeder training. From what I was told here is what I carry in my backpack.

Flashlight + extra batteries
Multi tool
Car charger
Extra gloves
Extra reflective vest
Dot papers
Disinfectant wipes
Advil
Pens/paper

Am I missing something. I want to get one of those iron rods to hit the tires with but I don't know what they are called or where to find them.
Thanks in advance.
You can find that rod at a trucker store

Fezco

5th wheel pin puller, just about any truck stop has them. I would also put some pepto bismol tablets in there. Nothing worse then upset stomach while on the road.

guyinthebrownbox

I carry a back pack that I leave in my locker. In that bag I have:

Maps and map book
High visibility vest (req at railyard)
Gloves
Various size zip ties
Phone charger and auxiliary cord
First aid kit
Small hand towel
Eye drops(for contacts)
Notepad
Extra pens
Copy of contract for those silly managers
A cheat sheet for building and cpu ELOC codes
Flashlight.
UPS paper time card
DOT log book

That's just the back pack. I also carry a gallon of water, pillow to sleep on meal, and a quality pocket knife. I'm on vacation cover and visit a lot of places at night where I'm the only one there so I actually use all that stuff fairly regularly

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Actually a headlamp comes in handy when you are pretripping a dolly or checking paperwork on the back of trailers....I just use a crowbar for a tire bumper...comes in handy at rest areas where the shady folks are...I take that thing in with me into the bathroom

guyinthebrownbox

Actually a headlamp comes in handy when you are pretripping a dolly or checking paperwork on the back of trailers....I just use a crowbar for a tire bumper...comes in handy at rest areas where the shady folks are...I take that thing in with me into the bathroom

Word to that. I keep my hand on my knife. Forgot about a headlamp. That would definitely be useful

over9five

Staff member
Man, you guys are super prepared! I carry one pen (no spare), my cellphone...... uhhh...sometimes a lunch. Oh yeah, flashlight (no spare battery)
Seriously, that's it.

A backpack? Really?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Lol
Man, you guys are super prepared! I carry one pen (no spare), my cellphone...... uhhh...sometimes a lunch. Oh yeah, flashlight (no spare battery)
Seriously, that's it.

A backpack? Really?
,,,,,, backpack !! These kids today walk into the building to do p/c runs looking like they're going on a camping trip !!
The trophy soccer mom kids

jaker

trolling
Lol

,,,,,, backpack !! These kids today walk into the building to do p/c runs looking like they're going on a camping trip !!
The trophy soccer mom kids
That is me , but I also ride to work so I have to make sure I don't leave anything

In my back pack
Pin puller
Gloves
32oz Gatorade
Lunch bag with sandwich
32oz water jug
Shorts , because I change at work
Dot paperwork, driver log, time card, zip ties
Garmin and its stuff
Protein bar , bag of nuts
Pins , batteries , pill box, sunglasses
Sweat towel, Bluetooth headset and aux cord
Charging cable , flashlight , head flashlight and multi tool
Hand cleaner, watch
Then the motorcycle stuff
Gloves and gopro , helmet stays on bike

That's my daily and I still have another backpack just for sleeper runs

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That is me , but I also ride to work so I have to make sure I don't leave anything

In my back pack
Pin puller
Gloves
32oz Gatorade
Lunch bag with sandwich
32oz water jug
Shorts , because I change at work
Dot paperwork, driver log, time card, zip ties
Garmin and its stuff
Protein bar , bag of nuts
Pins , batteries , pill box, sunglasses
Sweat towel, Bluetooth headset and aux cord
Charging cable , flashlight , head flashlight and multi tool
Hand cleaner, watch
Then the motorcycle stuff
Gloves and gopro , helmet stays on bike

That's my daily and I still have another backpack just for sleeper runs

I've camped in the woods for a week with less crap

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Me ,,, p/c
1989 to 2003
Every day
Boston herald newspaper
Lunch box
( summer ) sweat rag
Extra t shirt
( winter ). Extra sweater
Extra socks

Free water , free coffee any place. I went !!
That's it

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Roadpro RP5PIN 5th Wheel Brushed Aluminum Pin Pullers Assorted Colors by Roadpro | Toolfetch

UPS should provide them, but if you want a personal one go ahead and buy/customize it. Anything UPS provides isn't always something you can keep hold of if they don't have enough around.

I wouldn't spend the money on something like this, because chances are, you will misplace it or it will get stolen. I just bought a small sledgehammer (12" long) at WalMart for about $5.