New to UPS

11jarhead

Hello everyone, I have applied and for a flexible combo driver 22.4 position.
I'm coming from FedEx LTL. Is this a good position? I would like to get into a package car but I hear the process. Coming from LTL I know how long senority takes I've been with same company for 13 years.
Health insurance is my main reason for jumping.
1. Can someone post pay scale from start to full scale
2. How does the health insurance work is it free? Max out of pocket for family?
I'm out of Lafayette, IN.
Thanks!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I'm coming from FedEx LTL. Is this a good position? I would like to get into a package car but I hear the process. Coming from LTL I know how long senority takes I've been with same company for 13 years.
Thanks!
If you wanna be a UPSER and get the Cadillac insurance (you won’t pay a dime)
We always suggest you read first and talk later 👍

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks!
You’re jumping for healthcare but don’t know how it works.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Thanks!

@11jarhead : as far as I know, that location is under the jurisdiction of Teamsters Local 710 (https://teamsters710.com/ups/), and if so is a separate contract (not a party to the UPS-Teamsters National Agreement). However, it seems to be mostly similar. Please don't take my answer as absolute gospel.

(1) pay rate should be something like
Start $20.50
Twelve (12) months $21.25
Twenty-Four (24) months $22.75
Thirty-Six (36) months $25.00
Forty-Eight (48) months Top Rate
The Top Rate shall be $30.64 plus the general wage increases provided in Section 1 above
I think Top Rate is currently $34.12 ??

(2) health insurance is 'free', meaning no premium or contribution out of your pocket. I believe the insurance is through TeamCare (Teamsters Central States health & welfare fund). Local 710's package is probably pretty similar to Local 705's (where I am). Annual deductible $200/family, annual out-of-pocket $2,000/family. Office visit $10 co-pay in-network. Prescription, dental, vision, short-term disability, .... I'm told it's equivalent to spending about $20-25,000 annually for comparable coverage.

The 22.4 flex combo driver position is pretty much the same as package car; but Tuesday to Saturday (for now) vs Monday-Friday, and the possibility of being assigned inside work of unloading/sorting/loading packages. There should be a set number of regular package car jobs (higher pay rate, probably close to $40/hr now), and as those jobs are vacated (or if the overall operation gets larger) bidding/promotion into one of those would be by seniority.

542thruNthru

@11jarhead : as far as I know, that location is under the jurisdiction of Teamsters Local 710 (https://teamsters710.com/ups/), and if so is a separate contract (not a party to the UPS-Teamsters National Agreement). However, it seems to be mostly similar. Please don't take my answer as absolute gospel.

(1) pay rate should be something like

I think Top Rate is currently $34.12 ??

(2) health insurance is 'free', meaning no premium or contribution out of your pocket. I believe the insurance is through TeamCare (Teamsters Central States health & welfare fund). Local 710's package is probably pretty similar to Local 705's (where I am). Annual deductible $200/family, annual out-of-pocket $2,000/family. Office visit $10 co-pay in-network. Prescription, dental, vision, short-term disability, .... I'm told it's equivalent to spending about $20-25,000 annually for comparable coverage.

The 22.4 flex combo driver position is pretty much the same as package car; but Tuesday to Saturday (for now) vs Monday-Friday, and the possibility of being assigned inside work of unloading/sorting/loading packages. There should be a set number of regular package car jobs (higher pay rate, probably close to $40/hr now), and as those jobs are vacated (or if the overall operation gets larger) bidding/promotion into one of those would be by seniority.
Thanks Hondo.
If you wanna be a UPSER and get the Cadillac insurance (you won’t pay a dime)
We always suggest you read first and talk later 👍
Pay attention kid. You might learn something. ;)