New UK Feeder vehicles?

david cassin

dublinbrown
we had an o3 daf 85 artic and its not getting replaced like all artics until after 7 years service.
we still have 99 registered vans that we are still keeping and wasting money on as the new vans were suppose to get and on the long finger..

UPS_UK

Brown Brown & more Brown
We finally getting rid of all of the old crap that we got from Lynx?? UPS should have done this years ago.

Tiny Panda

Looks like they decided to repaint a lot of the old Lynx stuff, we have a few repainted Lynx trailers at Abingdon although they are the newer Krone trailers so were probably worth keeping.

On the subject of wagon and drags, i would say its common sense to replace the artics as theres little point taking a half full trailer when you can just take a full puller and use a spare drag if required

Last edited:
Will try and get fots of our wag and drags as well at SOU. (We have 'XXR!)
They had all disappeared today, all we had were tractor units, trailers and artics in the yard! No spare package cars either :D

david cassin

dublinbrown
i would love to make a model of this as i build 1/24 scale trucks
i bought 2 drawbars over the last few weeks and will get a daf poss a space cab to do the same job..i'll see if i can post a pic of one of my models

david cassin

dublinbrown
100_1156.jpg

Tiny Panda

Not bad, i used to do the same a few years back. I bought an old Scania 141 yonks ago and am currently on the lookout for the old Italeri canvas trailer in order to model one of Astrans old Middle East trucks.

I seem to remember seeing Daf XF's running out of Luton centre a few years ago, might be worth following up

david cassin

dublinbrown
chk out ebay thats where i buy most of my models i have about 40 1/24 to do and 10 trailers,and about 40 odd tekno trucks.chk chk the tmw part,this is a forum for truck modellers.the 141 scania has been re-released as has the scania streamline.the old original volvo globetrotter is being re released shortly.
cheers david

david cassin

dublinbrown
its like riding a bike after a long time,you will get the hang of it.i hadn't done a model in 25 years and the walsh western scania was my first attempt,then the streamline and now an fh volvo.
141 scania or a hino he which my father drove in the 1970s/80s which i am going to build in his former employers colours.
cheers
david