New UPS NASCAR color scheme

Ok, fry my ass for saying this but be honest. Is it fair that this punk gets to walk up off the street and gets a $20million per year driving job for UPS while our own drivers are laid off at home trying to pay their mortgages? Please go easy on me, lol.

The 20M is for the entire sponsorship. This kid is lucky if he`s getting 500k plus purse and merchandise percentages.

rod

Retired 22 years
NASCAR is going down the drain about as fast as DHL did. I've found its a total waste of an afternoon watching it. I get my racing fix most every Saturday night at the local dirt track---where they don't finnish under yellow and speed still counts.:peaceful:

upsdude

NASCAR is going down the drain about as fast as DHL did. I've found its a total waste of an afternoon watching it. I get my racing fix most every Saturday night at the local dirt track---where they don't finnish under yellow and speed still counts.:peaceful:

Dirt is for farming, asphalt is for racing!

J/K LOL

I'm with ya, I'd rather go to a Saturday night short track for my racing fix.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I dont know about nascar as a whole, but I do know that the bristol track numbers are way down.

It used to be that there was no way you could get tickets unless it was from a scalper. It seems they now have more than they can sell?

That is a first. Bristol has sold out for the last 35-40 years. Tickets here were so valuable people left the options to buy them to their kids, and for most estates, that was the biggest prize.

Dunknow what is happening.

d

backinbrown

respect my authority
I dont know about nascar as a whole, but I do know that the bristol track numbers are way down.

It used to be that there was no way you could get tickets unless it was from a scalper. It seems they now have more than they can sell?

That is a first. Bristol has sold out for the last 35-40 years. Tickets here were so valuable people left the options to buy them to their kids, and for most estates, that was the biggest prize.

Dunknow what is happening.

d

Been going down hill for me and racing since earnhardt sr died

drewed

Shankman
does the NFL sponsorship pay off? the nhra? the united way?

It gets UPS's name in the public eye, we cant just do whiteboard commercial we need prospective customer exposure and although it doesnt talk about our service or standards it does get our name out.

rod

Retired 22 years

It gets UPS's name in the public eye, we cant just do whiteboard commercial we need prospective customer exposure and although it doesnt talk about our service or standards it does get our name out.

Believe it or not there was a time when UPS did absolutely no advertising. The company relied on word of mouth advertising (still the best kind -if it is positive). Our clean package cars, well groomed employees and prompt service were all that was needed to grow the business from coast to coast. Our customer service rep was intown working the accounts every week. I remember seeing the 1st ad for UPS in a magazine (News Week I believe- I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) and it WAS a BIG deal. Yes I know this policy wouldn't work in todays world (or would it).

upsdude

Believe it or not there was a time when UPS did absolutely no advertising. The company relied on word of mouth advertising (still the best kind -if it is positive). Our clean package cars, well groomed employees and prompt service were all that was needed to grow the business from coast to coast. Our customer service rep was intown working the accounts every week. I remember seeing the 1st ad for UPS in a magazine (News Week I believe- I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) and it WAS a BIG deal. Yes I know this policy wouldn't work in todays world (or would it).

I remember one of the original print ads... A 4 wheel drive style package car with a TV dish on the roof.....The caption said "Reporting Live from the scene of your package" or something to that effect. The ad was to promote UPS tracking.

upsdude

There’s a reason we work in operations and not the marketing department. Like most successful corporations UPS will stop advertising in a particular venue when the return fails to meet the goal. As long as UPS sees a return on their racing dollars they will continue to spend them.

Anyone that has worked for UPS longer than a month knows they don’t spend a cent without wanting something in return.

UPSNewbie

I like the brown-white USPS cars and the hairy men and women in them. I'll ship with them.:funny:

drewed

Shankman
There’s a reason we work in operations and not the marketing department. Like most successful corporations UPS will stop advertising in a particular venue when the return fails to meet the goal. As long as UPS sees a return on their racing dollars they will continue to spend them.

Anyone that has worked for UPS longer than a month knows they don’t spend a cent without wanting something in return.

Yea exactly I guess my point was kinda loss but I agree wholly, UPS spends money for market research to get the feel of the public and what theyll respond to positively.