New Video! Cameras Everywhere!

Whither

Scofflaw
Thanks for the video.

I'll add: since I started following ORION I've realized how much I was stressing myself before. I know my route like the back of my hand, but poorly-sequenced add-cuts and multiple manifest updates made every day an unnecessarily complicated puzzle. I bailed and started running the trace. I only thumb through my board twice a day to take note of possible service failures and go wherever ORION leads. I take a water break at nearly every stop. I take the time do everything as safely as possible and follow the methods to the best of my knowledge. I no longer feel like I'm in a hurry at all. I feel much safer behind the wheel and when making deliveries. There's little danger of "getting into it" with an angry customer because I'm in a good mood.

Of course it's the company that put that pressure on us. But as Teamsters we can led it slide off our backs and insist on working safely and offering good customer service. That's the best way to protect our jobs and avoid accidents and useless arguments, since, as you point out, we're always on camera.

RoswellHub

Thanks for the video.

I'll add: since I started following ORION I've realized how much I was stressing myself before. I know my route like the back of my hand, but poorly-sequenced add-cuts and multiple manifest updates made every day an unnecessarily complicated puzzle. I bailed and started running the trace. I only thumb through my board twice a day to take note of possible service failures and go wherever ORION leads. I take a water break at nearly every stop. I take the time do everything as safely as possible and follow the methods to the best of my knowledge. I no longer feel like I'm in a hurry at all. I feel much safer behind the wheel and when making deliveries. There's little danger of "getting into it" with an angry customer because I'm in a good mood.

Of course it's the company that put that pressure on us. But as Teamsters we can led it slide off our backs and insist on working safely and offering good customer service. That's the best way to protect our jobs and avoid accidents and useless arguments, since, as you point out, we're always on camera.
Thank you! That's the best way to do the job. So much more stress free

Whither

Scofflaw
Thank you! That's the best way to do the job. So much more stress free
Yep! Aside from stress itself taking a long-term toll on our health, it also makes us less safe out there. It's a different job when you're not stressed or rushed. For example I used to curse at "stupid drivers" and get irritated by delays but now I just smile, wait, and carry on.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
"What's your name ?".... UPS.

This drives the customer irate! I love it.

Had an incident last week were 5 ladies refused to cir so i started marking them refused. Once i got a name, and was accosted by all 5, they kept asking my name. My response always is, "i dont give my name. Have a nice day."

Like im stupid enough to give you ammo to shoot me in the back.

Those ladies (probably) havnt heard a man say no to them in forever.....

You must control the situation at all times for your safety, and theirs(cause most people are stupidly unaware)