New Video! Contract FAQ

AKCoverMan

Pennsylvania- well it did. Used to run into a feeder driver that had a 4/10 run. Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri. Crap schedule but he loved having a day in middle of the week to do "errands". As I said- doesn't happen much. Heck- that might have been the only one in the country. Sorry. (I'm pretty sure you won't believe me).
In the nearby Air Gateway which is a 24/7 air ramp operation they do have a number or 4x10 shifts which allow some schedules to have split days off.

nWo

I wouldn't mind working Saturday and Sunday. I just want my schedule to be accurate. Don't call me on Thursday telling me I have work on Saturday.

AKCoverMan

I wouldn't mind working Saturday and Sunday. I just want my schedule to be accurate. Don't call me on Thursday telling me I have work on Saturday.
Call me on Thursday and ask me nicely if I would like to work Saturday for overtime. Use words like “please” and “thank you”. Don’t feel bad if I still say “no thanks”.

AKCoverMan

I agree. But you still need strong master level language preventing them from abusing the six punch. Like, no driver can be disciplined for calling out on their day off. FYI, what I meant by flexibility was non -consecutive work days.
Copy that, fair enough. I am cautiously optimistic we will see strong National language on 6th punch. I know all supplements were told to write that in every proposal.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
In my previous life I owned a restaurant/hotel. 13 years, never had a weekend off. It's nice having Saturday and Sunday off, but at the same time having a weekday off gives you the opportunity to make appts and not miss work, etc.