New Video! Help I am being followed!

542thruNthru

Good piece of information I wish more driver's understood....

"There is no such thing as a casual conversation with management."

They will absolutely use anything you tell them against you down the line.

Sanitizyr

"We're all out there being paid to do a job." You are correct, which is why drivers are required follow the methods and also why management will perform observations on drivers. To make sure drivers are following the methods and doing the job that drivers are paid to do. If driver observations (or being "followed") wasn't a normal practice, do you think drivers would drive safely on the roads? Food for thought. But I agree that observations should be mostly an appreciative action. Giving praise to the fact that drivers work their asses off every day. Unfortunately, a lot of these conversations end up being constructive and disciplinary when a driver does something on area that is considered "at risk."

542thruNthru

"We're all out there being paid to do a job." You are correct, which is why drivers are required follow the methods and also why management will perform observations on drivers. To make sure drivers are following the methods and doing the job that drivers are paid to do. If driver observations (or being "followed") wasn't a normal practice, do you think drivers would drive safely on the roads? Food for thought. But I agree that observations should be mostly an appreciative action. Giving praise to the fact that drivers work their asses off every day. Unfortunately, a lot of these conversations end up being constructive and disciplinary when a driver does something on area that is considered "at risk."
Observations are a harassment tool. No driver is perfect and can perform every delivery method/safety method flawlessly 100% of the time.

To suggest anything else is BS. That's why it's over supervision and not just "management doing their job."

If you were just doing your job you'd perform observations on every driver in the center not just some guy that happens to pop up on your over allowed list.

"If driver observations (or being "followed") wasn't a normal practice, do you think drivers would drive safely on the roads?"

This line is a joke! Every driver that runs his ass off and works unsafe to achieve managements goals are never observed. So again quit trying to blow smoke up our ass and pretend you're doing these observations for the greater good.

Overpaid Union Thug

Observations are a harassment tool. No driver is perfect and can perform every delivery method/safety method flawlessly 100% of the time.

To suggest anything else is BS. That's why it's over supervision and not just "management doing their job."

If you were just doing your job you'd perform observations on every driver in the center not just some guy that happens to pop up on your over allowed list.

"If driver observations (or being "followed") wasn't a normal practice, do you think drivers would drive safely on the roads?"

This line is a joke! Every driver that runs his ass off and works unsafe to achieve managements goals are never observed. So again quit trying to blow smoke up our ass and pretend you're doing these observations for the greater good.
They only go after drivers that refuse to conform to the unofficial methods. Which is to run your ass off, and/or do whatever it takes to get in and off the clock well under the projected ETA. If the numbers in the stacks of irrelevant reports don’t lineup then that’s when a driver becomes a target. Regardless of whether or not those drivers actually provide the service UPS used to be known for.

Meanwhile, the runners/numbers obtainers are misdelivering packages, speeding through residential neighborhoods, excepting post dated checks for COD’s, sheeting business that aren’t open yet as N1 and not going back, and lots of other methods violations. But are rarely (if ever) followed with the intent to discipline.

twoweeled

I experienced much of this. I was also told, I was his personal project. I was timed at the restroom. I was then told my time in the restroom was to be considered part of my break. Took that one to the labor manager. Labor manager confirmed restroom breaks were not part of my breaks. Some sups/manager will tell you anything, when alone. Yep, they are concerned with your financial state. So true on loading you up on days you have commitments on certain days. Keep your personal life to yourself. I also had the district manager ride with me. By that time, I was callous and numb to ride along and knew the methods. You have to know the methods, if you're going to go to war with these guys. Try to get the methods in writing. That was close to impossible in my time. I wonder if you can get the actual methods in written form now? Extremely difficult to learn methods without some written documentation because very few sups know all the methods and you get different instructions. Many drivers think they can get away with cutting corners because they have good numbers. Management won't look into you when your making great numbers, but you screw up, and management will bring up all your short cuts and slice your throat with it. If management gets a good clean shot at firing you, You're done! Know your methods and just follow them. Once you know your methods, you have to throw the clock out the window (completely/totally) and just do the methods, regardless how long it takes. 2.5 hours over at the end of the day? No problem. Ride me with me tomorrow, because we're going to do this again and again the same way! 2.5 hours over. And they will ride with you a few days in a row. No problem, IF YOU KNOW YOUR METHODS! Don't concern yourself with time, go into robot mode and just go and a "safe" brisk pace. Sups pull crap like walking real real close to you. So what! Robot mode. They dislike it more than you do, after about a week of no progress with you.

twoweeled

It's true you are paid to do that job. No one would do it for free! You're totally wrong in insinuating management is concerned with you following the methods. If you're an extremely high producer, management doesn't care if you do backflips out of the car. Just don't do it in front of them or anyone else. Don't hurt anyone or anything. Safety is a concern, mainly because of cost associated with accidents. Methods were meant only as a guide. Now methods are little more than harassment. Methods can and will be used to terminate you, if management cannot get the result management wants. If management rides with a high producer who runs his stops, parks on the wrong side of the street, exceeds speed limits a bit on highways and local streets and getting the car rolling before seatbelts are engaged. Management will mention all these wrong things, AND BE OFF THE CAR THE NEXT DAY. Driver who is over allowed a couple of hours, doing none of these things wrong, following the methods as instructed, will have numerous rides throughout the year, probably through the week. You tell me, how important are the methods?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol
Do you really believe any of this

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ou have to know the methods, if you're going to go to war with these guys. Try to get the methods in writing. That was close to impossible in my time.
I used this against them many times

If I don’t know what the methods are how do I follow them get me a copy and we’ll talk
Never did see a copy