New Video! UPS Teamsters 401k Most Common Questions

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
That doesn't make any sense
Really??, 401k plans have funds divided into individual stocks. It breaks it down when you look at the plan. The percentages of your money in what stock. All I'm saying is take what you currently have in your 401k account and match it with money you use to buy the same percentages of stock as the 401k. I'll bet you that the stock you bought that matched your 401k will make you more money..

Really??, 401k plans have funds divided into individual stocks. It breaks it down when you look at the plan. The percentages of your money in what stock. All I'm saying is take what you currently have in your 401k account and match it with money you use to buy the same percentages of stock as the 401k. I'll bet you that the stock you bought that matched your 401k will make you more money..
But you don't have the same tax advantage

And if you buy the same stocks inside of a Roth you have a lot more tax advantages

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
What I am saying is. You'll find out that there are hidden fee's / cutting a percentage off of the top..
But you don't have the same tax advantage

And if you buy the same stocks inside of a Roth you have a lot more tax advantages
I have an uncle that got busted back in the day for this very thing. He told me that is the best way to catch people with their hands in the bucket..

Frank888

Interesting! I understand that the maximum amount of my paycheck that I contribute each week is 35%. Is the maximum amount that UPS contributes each week also 35%? Also, my understanding is that the account is 100% vested which means that they can't take away their contributions if I leave early.

DriverNerd

Interesting! I understand that the maximum amount of my paycheck that I contribute each week is 35%. Is the maximum amount that UPS contributes each week also 35%? Also, my understanding is that the account is 100% vested which means that they can't take away their contributions if I leave early.
Are you a union member or a supervisor? The UPS Teamster 401k does not have a company match.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ups don’t contribute :censored2: if your talking 401k you’re on your own to fund that