New Video! What is going on with the layoffs?

UPSmechanicinblue

I see all part time that do all they can to get out before their 3.5 guarantee, Try to convince them why they are cutting positions and all I get is the deer in headlights look

PT Car Washer

I see all part time that do all they can to get out before their 3.5 guarantee, Try to convince them why they are cutting positions and all I get is the deer in headlights look
I see 22.3 all the time that only work half their job. They use their seniority to go home early. I don't mind as it gives me extra hours.

UPSmechanicinblue

I see 22.3 all the time that only work half their job. They use their seniority to go home early. I don't mind as it gives me extra hours.
this changed so much over the years, always was high seniority taking the extra work. Starting to see it with drivers wanting lay offs should go to high seniority first if requested

I think Greg may be a little out of touch (6:46) if he thinks a significant level of automation isn't coming. Carol isn't just telling shareholders what they want to hear, I believe she's fully intent on making it happen. I get it, nothing will be fully automated and there will always be a need for people, but you are :censored2:ing high if you think they aren't gonna try to eliminate every job they can.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I think Greg may be a little out of touch (6:46) if he thinks a significant level of automation isn't coming. Carol isn't just telling shareholders what they want to hear, I believe she's fully intent on making it happen. I get it, nothing will be fully automated and there will always be a need for people, but you are :censored2:ing high if you think they aren't gonna try to eliminate every job they can.
CACH had jam breakers but there's gonna be some serious butchering

RoswellHub

What he is getting at is they will try just about anything to get shareholders to buy into UPS stock. Remembered when they were pushing the drone idea? Or how Orion was going to save them millions? Will they try to do automation yes, will it succeed is up for debate. The RFID chips have been a huge flop. Found out it costs about a dollar a label and they scrapped them in my building. Most of the moves they make is to get shareholders excited.

UPSmechanicinblue

why are so many being a smart ass just because your view doesn't align with theirs? not just you but others also scrutinize everything. It's all opinion. These Roswell Hub guys did a bang up job while the contract negotiations where going on. I emailed them personally, It takes a lot of time to do what they do. Why not respect their opinion instead of your friend en high?

why are so many being a smart ass just because your view doesn't align with theirs? not just you but others also scrutinize everything. It's all opinion. These Roswell Hub guys did a bang up job while the contract negotiations where going on. I emailed them personally, It takes a lot of time to do what they do. Why not respect their opinion instead of your friend en high?
Roswell hub does do a bang-up job making these videos and we very much appreciate them
But @Just A UPS Guy is correct on this matter

The company is going to do everything they can to eliminate every possible job they can, whether it's union or management employees

Whoa man, I agree @RoswellHub is killing it with the channel, and no one is being a smartass here. Greg was veerrryyy dismissive of what Carol had to say, and maybe just to put members at ease, or maybe because he doesn't believe it will happen. Maybe his point didn't come across as clearly as he meant, or maybe he just missed entirely. Idk man, but I stand by my point based in his words and his tone. Again, I am well aware that sometimes people misspeak or misuse context, and if that's the case, I get it.

What he is getting at is they will try just about anything to get shareholders to buy into UPS stock. Remembered when they were pushing the drone idea? Or how Orion was going to save them millions? Will they try to do automation yes, will it succeed is up for debate. The RFID chips have been a huge flop. Found out it costs about a dollar a label and they scrapped them in my building. Most of the moves they make is to get shareholders excited.
I 100% understand if that's his point, perhaps he just misdelivered that package. The dismissiveness was a little misleading in my mind is all.

Cheers brother, thanks again for all you guys do!

RoswellHub

Whoa man, I agree @RoswellHub is killing it with the channel, and no one is being a smartass here. Greg was veerrryyy dismissive of what Carol had to say, and maybe just to put members at ease, or maybe because he doesn't believe it will happen. Maybe his point didn't come across as clearly as he meant, or maybe he just missed entirely. Idk man, but I stand by my point based in his words and his tone. Again, I am well aware that sometimes people misspeak or misuse context, and if that's the case, I get it.
Its all good, I didn't take offense to it. Its a fair point the company would want to get rid of as many of us as possible. I honestly dont see it happening in the next 5 years. And I think the company is focusing more on getting a quick buck from the shareholders then a long term project on us. I have a lot of speculations going on right now. If the company cant make the shareholders happy next year, I bet they will get rid of Carol and create some "new plan" to make shareholders happy. But that is just my two cents. I am open for debate though.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It’s all good, I didn't take offense to it. It’s a fair point the company would want to get rid of as many of us as possible. I honestly dont see it happening in the next 5 years. And I think the company is focusing more on getting a quick buck from the shareholders then a long term project on us. I have a lot of speculations going on right now. If the company cant make the shareholders happy next year, I bet they will get rid of Carol and create some "new plan" to make shareholders happy. But that is just my two cents. I am open for debate though.
Maybe telling the shareholders they’ll take her out back and 🔫 her will increase stock 50%

UPSmechanicinblue

no worries I miss read stuff at times and respond then I think lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Automation is already happening. Tgr new facility in Bayonne NJ is completely automated. No Teamsters involved other than unloading and loading.

PT Car Washer

Automation is already happening. Tgr new facility in Bayonne NJ is completely automated. No Teamsters involved other than unloading and loading.
No rewrap clerks or address corrections or PE mechanics? Bet they still have a PT sup for every 5 Union members. And a FT sup for every 5 PT sups.