New Way Forward Act

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The New Way Forward act is the most radical single piece of legislation we’ve seen proposed in this country.
It makes the Green New Deal look like the status quo.
The legislation is sponsored by 44 House Democrats, including Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York.
At roughly 4,400 words, this legislation is designed to create a whole new country.
The bill would entirely remake our immigration system, with the explicit purpose of ensuring that criminals are able to move here, and settle here permanently, with impunity.
A document produced by Democrats to promote the bill says: “Convictions … should not lead to deportation.”

Box Ox

Looked this up and the left-leaning press seems to be dead silent on this one. This is how you get me to vote for Trump. TDSers are :censored2:ing nuts for bringing it up in an election year. They bitch about how democracy is dead and cry about Trump when it's their insane policy proposals that'll keep him in power.

Let's see which Democratic Presidential candidates raise their hands in favor of it if it's brought up at a debate. Likely outcome: all of them will. What the :censored2: is wrong with you people?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The New Way Forward act is the most radical single piece of legislation we’ve seen proposed in this country.
Looked this up and the left-leaning press seems to be dead silent on this one. This is how you get me to vote for Trump. TDSers are :censored2:ing nuts for bringing it up in an election year. They bitch about how democracy is dead and cry about Trump when it's their insane policy proposals that'll keep him in power.
I heard this and dismissed it as BS from FOX but then I looked it up.
Damn! There are some friend:censored2:ked up people in the DemWit party!

It will be fine

Let's see which Democratic Presidential candidates raise their hands in favor of it if it's brought up at a debate. Likely outcome: all of them will. What the :censored2: is wrong with you people?
Ya why vote on the immigration policy of the presidential candidate when you can get all upset about the policy of freshman house members? Makes sense.

Box Ox

Ya why vote on the immigration policy of the presidential candidate when you can get all upset about the policy of freshman house members? Makes sense.

This'll go down the same way the question about providing free healthcare to illegal immigrants did. All of the Democratic Presidential candidates will raise their hands in favor of it. Republicans aren't the only ones with certain purity tests.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
As much as voting third party feels like a wasted vote I think we're long past that even being an option when this is the kind of thing we have the potential to see. Sad, really.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I use to say the Dems didn't really support 'open borders' but ...
it appears they actually do support 'open borders' or more to the point 'No Borders'!
I'm not sure if the Trump presidency has pushed them further left, or simply emboldened them to stop hiding what was their true intention all along. But it doesn't really matter, they're extremist radicals to the core at this point.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The legislation is sponsored by 44 House Democrats, including Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York.
At roughly 4,400 words, this legislation is designed to create a whole new country.
The bill would entirely remake our immigration system, with the explicit purpose of ensuring that criminals are able to move here, and settle here permanently, with impunity.
A document produced by Democrats to promote the bill says: “Convictions … should not lead to deportation.”
Sponsor and status

Jesús García
Sponsor. Representative for Illinois's 4th congressional district. Democrat.

Read Text »

Last Updated: Dec 10, 2019
Length: 28 pages
Introduced
Dec 10, 2019

Status
Introduced on Dec 10, 2019

This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process. It was introduced into Congress on December 10, 2019. It will typically be considered by committee next before it is possibly sent on to the House or Senate as a whole.

Prognosis
4% chance of being enacted according to Skopos Labs (details)

Source
Congress.gov

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Let's see if Bloomberg approves.
This kind of craze is why Mini Mike got in the race and why James Carville lashed out at the DemWit candidates:

“I am scared to death,”

James Carville’s famed Clinton-era catch phrase “It’s the economy, stupid,” was used to elect Bill Clinton and he now opines Democrats, are on the verge of squandering
— through poorly run campaigns or an ill-chosen candidate but, even more so, through the issues they opt to discuss and not discuss — a strong chance to knock off an incumbent who is historically unpopular outside his own party.
“I am scared to death,” Carville confessed on MSNBC, decked out in the regalia of two institutions of which he is an alumnus, LSU and the Marine Corps.

Here’s why he imbues the prospective goof-ups with so such significance:
‘We have one moral imperative, and that’s to beat Donald Trump.’
“We’re losing our damned minds,” he went on to aver in his conversation with Vox, recalling that the Democrats just over a year ago prevailed, with notably high turnout producing wide winning margins, in the 2018 midterms by talking “about everything we needed to talk about, and we won.”

“We didn’t get distracted, and we didn’t get deflected.”

Box Ox

I heard this and dismissed it as BS from FOX but then I looked it up.
Damn! There are some friend:censored2:ked up people in the DemWit party!

I probably won't vote for a Democratic candidate (or anyone) for President in the primary or general election. Will still vote for Democrats on the ballot at the state and local levels.

Feels sorta like a Ra's al Ghul (@It will be fine or @bbsam ) and Batman (me) fighting on the train in Batman Begins type situation. Where the (Democratic) train is about to fly off the tracks. @It will be fine / @bbsam are like "You finally learned to do what is necessary" (vote for Trump). And I'm like "I won't kill you (vote for Trump), but I don't have to save you (not vote for a Democratic Presidential pick)".

And then I peace out while Ra's al Ghul, (@It will be fine / @bbsam ) still inside the (Democratic) train, plunges off the tracks to his death.

This :censored2: is just too much. The Democrats have had their chance to not be crazy and be electable on a national level.

It will be fine

I probably won't vote for a Democratic candidate (or anyone) for President in the primary or general election. Will still vote for Democrats on the ballot at the state and local levels.

Feels sorta like a Ra's al Ghul (@It will be fine or @bbsam ) and Batman (me) fighting on the train in Batman Begins type situation. Where the (Democratic) train is about to fly off the tracks. @It will be fine / @bbsam are like "You finally learned to do what is necessary" (vote for Trump). And I'm like "I won't kill you (vote for Trump), but I don't have to save you (not vote for a Democratic Presidential pick)".

And then I peace out while Ra's al Ghul, (@It will be fine / @bbsam ) still inside the (Democratic) train, plunges off the tracks to his death.

This :censored2: is just too much. The Democrats have had their chance to not be crazy and be electable on a national level.

So heroic. I’m inspired.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

I'll still vote Libertarian for President I imagine ... just like I have since 1984.
Every vote helps the Libertarian Party get US Government funding.

bbsam

Staff member

Seriously? I’m far more certain that the democratic train is the one that will be on the tracks when all of a said and done. 2.3% growth and rising deficits will catch up to republicans eventually. They’re going to rue the day they hitched up to the Donald. I’m guessing we’ll probably see a Bloomberg/Mayor Pete ticket.