New Years

xULW8JjyKvBKrIh2xy.gif
3ornk3jn7nZyGNQTJe.gif

Purplepackage

I literally just posted a comment about a thing kind of like this.

Do I think they’ll ask for a note? Probably.

If you don’t give them one I’m sure they can give you a letter, but honestly it’s just a letter

dezguy

Do you have to schedule when you're sick? They give you a letter, tell them to prove you weren't sick.

On a side note, do you guys not lose holiday pay for calling out before a holiday?

Purplepackage

Do you have to schedule when you're sick? They give you a letter, tell them to prove you weren't sick.

On a side note, do you guys not lose holiday pay for calling out before a holiday?

We do, but I’ve seen plenty of people call out before memorial/Labor Day so I guess they don’t care about the 8 hours

Purplepackage

do you think it’s possible to get a letter for calling off a couple days around New Years, like the day before and day after?

In my station I don’t think you would be disciplined that all honestly. They would be pissed at you but we are currently so short staffed they are just happy people show up when they do

Oldfart

Can't see getting a letter but you will lose credibility with your coworkers and managers. You never know when you will need a favor and they will remember your sick days. We have people that always call in sick around holidays and are usually out of sick days by Thanksgiving. Nobody is willing to swap vacation days or help them get off early because they always cause hardships on their coworkers.

vantexan

Can't see getting a letter but you will lose credibility with your coworkers and managers. You never know when you will need a favor and they will remember your sick days. We have people that always call in sick around holidays and are usually out of sick days by Thanksgiving. Nobody is willing to swap vacation days or help them get off early because they always cause hardships on their coworkers.
Worked with a senior courier who for about 5 years got "injured" just before Peak. Actually retired while out on injury.

Maui

You lose holiday pay. In some states managers can not require a note, but most of the managers I worked with would require a note and I know employees that were given a letter. I would be prepared with a doctor's note, then there is nothing anyone can say or do except cancel your holiday pay.