Newbies

cancan

I'm kind of person would fight tooth and nail for a company that gave s :censored2: about me. That's what this company is missing out on. The concept of an employee is that they make you more than they cost you. But Fedex forgot the pay your people conept. Which is why I'm bare minimal. I do enough work to not get fired.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm kind of person would fight tooth and nail for a company that gave s :censored2: about me. That's what this company is missing out on. The concept of an employee is that they make you more than they cost you. But Fedex forgot the pay your people conept. Which is why I'm bare minimal. I do enough work to not get fired.

That is all they deserve. Don't give them an ounce more of your effort. Those of us that used to care are sorry we ever did. Look where it got us. May Fred S earn an early trip to Hell...where he belongs.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
That is all they deserve. Don't give them an ounce more of your effort. Those of us that used to care are sorry we ever did. Look where it got us. May Fred S earn an early trip to Hell...where he belongs.
yep! and in the meantime I hope he gets severe diarrhea from his Thanksgiving dinner.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
A few of our "newbies" barely speak English. That is a fact.
I barely speak German, Mandarin and a few other languages. That is a fact.

But I can go get a job in Miami, where I guarantee 90% of this board couldn't.

How much English do you need to say "sign here please?"

I will let you in one a little secret. Trust, the "newbies" know English. They just want you to "think," they don't speak English.

I do the same with those that speak Spanish and French. I "barely" speak it. Just to hear, how they talk about everyone.

Marinate on that one.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Al Qaida can sneak some sleeper cells in the system at this point.
No one is minding the store.It has really turned into the movie "Office Space" with everyone just doing enough not to get fired.
"Al Qaida" ... I'm more concerned about the "terrorists" living right here in the USA. And the "sleeper haters" that want their country back.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member

xFed

So we have had about 10 new hires in the last few months and more than half have crashed vehicles in the first few weeks. Not to mention that most have no clue what they're doing. My question here is what has changed so dramatically to make this happen.

The "basic skills test" they used to use (as a means to select interview candidates) used to weed out the morons from the selection pool. Fedex caved after being sued for discrimination, and eliminated the test (of course the test discriminated... it discriminated against people who were too stupid to pass it!). Now all somebody has to do is [verbally] impress them in an interview and they get hired. They don't know they are mental-midgets until they road test them (or until they fail courier school).

hypo hanna

The "basic skills test" they used to use (as a means to select interview candidates) used to weed out the morons from the selection pool. Fedex caved after being sued for discrimination, and eliminated the test (of course the test discriminated... it discriminated against people who were too stupid to pass it!). Now all somebody has to do is [verbally] impress them in an interview and they get hired. They don't know they are mental-midgets until they road test them (or until they fail courier school).
I don't think they have to impress them in the interview. Pass a drug test, pass a criminal background check, and say you can lift a 75 lb box and you are hired.

xFed

They still have to "impress" them, but with the current generation of managers it usually isn't too hard to do.. hell, with some of them all it takes is to jiggle some keys in front of them and watch them clap with joy! :hapydancsmil:

P.S. - The 75# rule isn't even a requirement anymore. While it's still technically listed as a requirement in job postings, it is never verified or enforced. It could easily be argued that having a requirement like that discriminates against [most] women.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have a new guy at my station who heard somewhere that he is required to do ten stops an hour.... ONLY. He refuses to do more than ten stops an hour. And so far he is getting away with it. Lol.