Newly hired 22.4

Upsbc251

Been lurking around here for a while and figured I'd clear up some 22.4 confusion.
Won bid for tcd earlier this year and was waiting to go to integrated. Spoke with HR about how it was going and he told me I would be a 22.4 driver.
No more cover drivers he says.
No more hiring of rpcds.
We will have t -s schedule at my hub.
You drive everyday but if there is a day there is no work for you, then there is the option to get 8 hrs inside by bumping 2 part timers. Or you can take layoff for the day and go home.
Since 22.4 is full time, they will have work offered before any utility driver.
Hope this helps.

542thruNthru

Been lurking around here for a while and figured I'd clear up some 22.4 confusion.
Won bid for tcd earlier this year and was waiting to go to integrated. Spoke with HR about how it was going and he told me I would be a 22.4 driver.
No more cover drivers he says.
No more hiring of rpcds.
We will have t -s schedule at my hub.
You drive everyday but if there is a day there is no work for you, then there is the option to get 8 hrs inside by bumping 2 part timers. Or you can take layoff for the day and go home.
Since 22.4 is full time, they will have work offered before any utility driver.
Hope this helps.

It will be different across the country. What area are you in?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We can’t hire drivers as it is , these 22.4 jobs make being a UPS driver even less appealing..I feel bad for the top cover drivers that didn’t make the cut, now if they want to be full-time they will have to work tues-sat..

Staydryitsraining

I said 2 weeks ago we just hired about 20 new ftds. All work inside and drive Saturday because there is no work so I doubt we hire 22.4s anytime soon. They put a 22.4 bid up today. UPS BABY.