News from the Front Line

bacha29

I dont expect Trump to run again, but yes he has been a blessing in my case. I plan to cash in my taxable retirement savings even before i retire, pay the tax now while tax rates low and hope for the best.
Better take a closer look. You might be subject to a 10% penalty in addition to the taxes owed depending on the rules of the plan itself.

bacha29

sounds like poor tax planning . As an upper middle class taxpayer I saved a ton this year. thank you Mr. President
Good but unfortunately for the people at the bottom the lowest tax bracket used to be 10% now it's 12%. Granted you now have a higher standard deduction but you lost the personal and dependency exemptions which makes it for the most part a wash.

bacha29

Close.

None of the LA Rams or NE Patriots are so there must be a risk of injury they don't want to take.

I understand the Pro Bowl isn't a "life or death" game so it isn't played with the vigor of a season game.
Super Bowl teams do not play in the Pro Bowl. Haven't for quite a number of years. If the injury suffered in today's game by Smith-Schuster is serious the future of the game may be in doubt. They played it for years in Hawaii but moved it to Orlando in an effort to stimulate interest.

El Correcto

god is dead
The problem? The husband correctly identified the amount of how much they saved in taxes under the new law, but was unaware he and his wife benefited in small amounts per check throughout the year. His attractive but edgy (euphemism) wife said “way to go Einstein” before intentionally dumping a soda on his lap and storming off - yikes
Oh no the guy got a tax cut, this is clearly corporate greed and drumpf’s fault.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Super Bowl teams do not play in the Pro Bowl. Haven't for quite a number of years. If the injury suffered in today's game by Smith-Schuster is serious the future of the game may be in doubt. They played it for years in Hawaii but moved it to Orlando in an effort to stimulate interest.
And players' families can go to Disney World.

newfie

Good but unfortunately for the people at the bottom the lowest tax bracket used to be 10% now it's 12%. Granted you now have a higher standard deduction but you lost the personal and dependency exemptions which makes it for the most part a wash.

how do you figure?

How Trump's Tax Reform Plan Affects You

10 percent is the lowest rate

the next step up was reduced from 15 percent to 12 percent

the next step up from 25 percent to 22

the next step up from 28 to 22

In addition the following also help working families.

Trump's tax plan doubles the standard deduction. A single filer's deduction increases from $6,350 to $12,000. The deduction for married and joint filers increases from $12,700 to $24,000. It reverts back to the current level in 2026.

The Act expands the deduction for medical expenses. It allows taxpayers to deduct medical expenses that are 7.5 percent or more of income. Before the bill, the cutoff was 10 percent. Seniors already had the 7.5 percent cutoff. At least 8.8 million people used the deduction in 2015.

The Act increases the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000.

It allows parents to use 529 savings plans for tuition at private and religious K-12 schools. They can also use the funds for expenses for home-schooled students.

It allows a $500 credit for each non-child dependent. The credit helps families caring for elderly parents.

It's estimated that 94 percent of taxpayers will take the standard deduction.

you're like @Itty you just make :censored2: up

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It used to be played the week after the Super Bowl but by then no one cared about football anymore.

bacha29

how do you figure?

How Trump's Tax Reform Plan Affects You

10 percent is the lowest rate

the next step up was reduced from 15 percent to 12 percent

the next step up from 25 percent to 22

the next step up from 28 to 22

In addition the following also help working families.

Trump's tax plan doubles the standard deduction. A single filer's deduction increases from $6,350 to $12,000. The deduction for married and joint filers increases from $12,700 to $24,000. It reverts back to the current level in 2026.

The Act expands the deduction for medical expenses. It allows taxpayers to deduct medical expenses that are 7.5 percent or more of income. Before the bill, the cutoff was 10 percent. Seniors already had the 7.5 percent cutoff. At least 8.8 million people used the deduction in 2015.

The Act increases the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000.

It allows parents to use 529 savings plans for tuition at private and religious K-12 schools. They can also use the funds for expenses for home-schooled students.

It allows a $500 credit for each non-child dependent. The credit helps families caring for elderly parents.

It's estimated that 94 percent of taxpayers will take the standard deduction.

you're like @Itty you just make :censored2: up
Ok so you get a bit of relief on medical expense deductions but you now have to beat a much higher standard deduction. If you live in a state with high state and local taxes you're capped at 10,000 Sch A deduction. If you were eligible to claim your parents or a disable adult sibling as dependents you lose that and the 500 bucks they allow you?....big deal. For 2017 dependent deduction was $4050 so if you were 15% bracket or higher for 2017.....you're losing. Charitable deductions have to beat the larger standard deduction.......And the AMT is still around. The real test of the plan will come later this week when the fed meets to decide whether or not to raise interest rates in light of the GDP not making the growth levels needed to offset the revenue losses from the tax cut. The cruelest from of taxation for the average working grunt is higher interest rates.

newfie

Ok so you get a bit of relief on medical expense deductions but you now have to beat a much higher standard deduction.

That's silly . The low wage earners you started this conversation with are making out like bandits.
The bottom tier will no longer have to pay taxes. The next tier just had the tax rate reduced and they get a huge 24 k standard deduction. They would never have gotten near that number itemizing.

bacha29

That's silly . The low wage earners you started this conversation with are making out like bandits.
The bottom tier will no longer have to pay taxes. The next tier just had the tax rate reduced and they get a huge 24 k standard deduction. They would never have gotten near that number itemizing.
Just because the tax cut plan is NOT the "win-win" for everyone the Trump spin doctors had you believing it was doesn't warrant the term "silly" .

newfie

Just because the tax cut plan is NOT the "win-win" for everyone the Trump spin doctors had you believing it was doesn't warrant the term "silly" .

your nonsensical response was what was silly. I understand you want to bad mouth the tax cut plan but fabricating is dishonest.

i gave you actual factual information with sources and you gave me your made up fairy tale with no sources