Next DIAD?

swing_drv

Is there anything that you would like to see on the next DIAD?
I think it would be cool if we could msg other drivers.

old levi's

blank space
Yes. When you have an unscheduled pickup and you scan the packages let the diad accept the account # that was just scanned into the shipper account field.

Just Lurking

I have had that this already possible. It is currently blocked. COuld you imagine the amount of messages that would go back and forth.

Yes. When you have an unscheduled pickup and you scan the packages let the diad accept the account # that was just scanned into the shipper account field.

That great idea.

Barcoding the COD amount would be another idea. Along with barcodes for the tracking numbers on tracer/follow-ups.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android

Yeah but then Big Brother could read your messages. Just use your cell phone, that's what we do at our centre.

I wish the DIADs would accept Debit cards. Here in Canada, most transactions these days are done via debit. Pizza delivery people have debit-on-delivery, we should too.

How about a section of "notes" for each stop which could be added by regular drivers as guides for utility drivers. Tips like "doesn't open till noon" or "likes it in the rear" or whatever else. Could save millions if new drivers didn't have to keep making the same little "learning curve" mistakes over and over.

SmithBarney

Driver Messages are the coolest feature, we have it at fedex, we also have a dispatcher(full time) who will do lookups for us, and address corrections. Also if you have an on call or
P/U that you want to give to someone else you can send it to them(with approval)

I'll say improve the scanners accuracy. one thing I noticed at FedEx with
the new "powerpads" they scan 10 times better and faster than the DIAD 4 does.

outamyway

How about a non-reflective screen (not sure how that would work)I don't know how many times I've looked down at the diad and WHACKK!!! A nice bright smack in the face.

gps and mapping info. as an air driver i am never in the same place. so took it upon my self to buy a handheld gps palm from Navman this thing works wonders for me. you can quickly type in unlimited stops, you can see all the stops mapped out on a map and it will give you turn by turn directions if needed.i have used this program for three years as an air driver and it keeps me from getting lost and helps me plan out my stops more efficiently . I hope that some day that the new diads would have this, coupled with EDD, gps, and mapping info it would make delivering unknown areas lot faster.

DiadDude

How about a section of "notes" for each stop which could be added by regular drivers as guides for utility drivers. Tips like "doesn't open till noon" or "likes it in the rear" or whatever else. Could save millions if new drivers didn't have to keep making the same little "learning curve" mistakes over and over.

This is already in the DIAD. You can't directly enter the "notes" into a DIAD, but the center team can put a note on any address. Your center may not have the supporting systems yet, but it should soon.

I have a GPS in my head. I don't need it in the DIAD. If I need turn by turn directions I look at a map.
I'm sure you know your area very well and dont need any directions but what about new utility drivers that dont know your route. sure i can use a Thomas guide and take about a min or maybe two in the dark using a flash light, but i prefer having that info if need at my fingertips on a back lit screen in less than 10 sec.

P

PRELOADBY

how about having a print infonotice option. prints a label and all you do is smack it on the door with the info you already inputted into the diad.

BigBrownSanta

Format the fields correctly.

Some fields require numbers only and some require letters only and some will use both.

If the field will never need letters, why are the letters active?

For example, in the COD amount fields, format the diad so that it will accept numbers only no matter whether you are in number mode or alphabet mode.

Also, whenever you DR a package, you can press 6 for DR Porch, and no matter whichever mode you are in, it will accept it. BUT, if you press non delivery, you have to be in number mode to choose the nondelivery reason. Why?

The zip code field is another example that will never use letters.

Just my .02...