Next move?

Was lucky enough to be hired back at my center after peak season. I have a question to ask the overwhelming majority of people who have gone through this turmoil. So, I’m now the lowest seniority individual and haven’t made book yet nor have I worked since the end of the free period. HR has already re-hired me back into the system and I’m stuck on “On-Call” for the time being on the PT schedule. Do I just need to wait till vacation season during the Summer or just set an alarm every morning and call for work so I don’t have to sit around waiting for them to call. I want to work as much as possible to get my 30 days..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BNoYJk.gif

Maplewood

Was lucky enough to be hired back at my center after peak season. I have a question to ask the overwhelming majority of people who have gone through this turmoil. So, I’m now the lowest seniority individual and haven’t made book yet nor have I worked since the end of the free period. HR has already re-hired me back into the system and I’m stuck on “On-Call” for the time being on the PT schedule. Do I just need to wait till vacation season during the Summer or just set an alarm every morning and call for work so I don’t have to sit around waiting for them to call. I want to work as much as possible to get my 30 days..
Start times should be posted Friday for the following week so i would just call on friday and ask which days, if any, im working next week and not call again til the next Friday. File for some Unenjoyment!

DOK

Start times should be posted Friday for the following week so i would just call on friday and ask which days, if any, im working next week and not call again til the next Friday. File for some Unenjoyment!

What’s a few people bang in sick? They may need him.

FromOffTheStreets

Get used to it. It'll be the same deal if you become a driver. Wake up & wait...& be available all day just in case you have to go finish somebody's route.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Make yourself available
Most of us had to grind hard to get were we are
Show up ready everyday

john chesney

Please explain.
During your probationary 30 working days they can get rid of you for any reason except for things like race, religion etc. If they think you’re going to be a headache your gone. Do exactly what they tell you to do until you’re in the union. After that you have protection if you want to challenge anything they do