Ninety percent of your 401K available to trade stocks with TD Ameritrade

Empty Pockets

I moved/allotted 90% of my funds into TD Ameritrade a few months ago but have only made two trades so far. If you know how to trade stocks, this is about the best thing that has ever happened to our 401K.

Vanguard has not made it easy to find. I had to call them to walk me through the process. When I got to the transfer page, I had to call them again.
This will be awesome of we can jump in a bear ETF before the next crash and gain 50% on the way down. Then, ride it back up more than 50% back up just about the time I am gonna retire.

Short video/advertisement

1629231356913.png

Last edited:

falcon back

I moved/allotted 90% of my funds into TD Ameritrade a few months ago but have only made two trades so far. If you know how to trade stocks, this is about the best thing that has ever happened to our 401K.

Vanguard has not made it easy to find. I had to call them to walk me through the process. When I got to the transfer page, I had to call them again.
This will be awesome of we can jump in a bear ETF before the next crash and gain 50% on the way down. Then, ride it back up more than 50% back up just about the time I am gonna retire.

Short video/advertisement

View attachment 348536
Trying to time the market is not a good way for the average person to consistently build wealth. If you feel comfortable doing it, go ahead.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The best thing is DCA , dollar cost averaging and index funds. after nearly 30 years , my 401k has grown to an obscene amount.

BTW , soon you will be able to buy an annuity with your 401k for retirement income.

not sure if that is a good idea. I was going to wait until age 72 and then do the minimum withdrawals.

falcon back

The best thing is DCA , dollar cost averaging and index funds. after nearly 30 years , my 401k has grown to an obscene amount.

BTW , soon you will be able to buy an annuity with your 401k for retirement income.

not sure if that is a good idea. I was going to wait until age 72 and then do the minimum withdrawals.
About the only person that suggests buying an annuity is the person selling the annuity.

If a person has been in the FDX 401k for 30 years, they couldn't help but to get very good results. The choices, while not that many, have performed very well. Most have had up and down periods but overall, the funds are all fine choices.

I am doing just the opposite of your plan. I pulled from my 401k as soon as I retired and am waiting to start my pension and SS at a later time. As long as you have a plan you are way ahead of many on here. Too many people don't plan or save for retirement and then start when it's too late.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
About the only person that suggests buying an annuity is the person selling the annuity.

If a person has been in the FDX 401k for 30 years, they couldn't help but to get very good results. The choices, while not that many, have performed very well. Most have had up and down periods but overall, the funds are all fine choices.

I am doing just the opposite of your plan. I pulled from my 401k as soon as I retired and am waiting to start my pension and SS at a later time. As long as you have a plan you are way ahead of many on here. Too many people don't plan or save for retirement and then start when it's too late.
You're right. Everyone's situation is different.

falcon back

Anyone successful at moving 401k money's into Bitcoin
I hope everyone finds out they can and takes advantage of the opportunity. It will make for some great reading in a few years when everyone loses their life savings trying to make millions. Why invest in products that have been proven for many years, go for something that has been around just a few years and is very volatile. That is a great plan.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Did a quarterly study of our total portfolio and once again as in past years my self managed account at Vanguard Funds is outperforming my 401k.

Not sure why. Higher expenses? Maybe we are more aggressive with Vanguard and more balanced with 401k. I look into both accounts usually every 3 months and make some adjustments at end of year.

falcon back

Did a quarterly study of our total portfolio and once again as in past years my self managed account at Vanguard Funds is outperforming my 401k.

Not sure why. Higher expenses? Maybe we are more aggressive with Vanguard and more balanced with 401k. I look into both accounts usually every 3 months and make some adjustments at end of year.
Then you and bacha should get together. 2 financial geniuses. Maybe your 401k options aren't that good. Unless they have changed, the Vanguard options at Fedex are pretty strong. There is lots of money to be made in good times, and lots to be lost in bad. Finding the balance as you get older is the key.

Empty Pockets

Trying to time the market is not a good way for the average person to consistently build wealth. If you feel comfortable doing it, go ahead.
You are right. Also, a person needs to be home and awake to watch it. I have traded stocks in the past and know more than the average bear. It is too risky to do when you have to sleep some time.