NL MVP

Bad Gas!

Did Ozzie ever win s MVP.. MVP is different from Golden Glove. Freddie Freeman is one of the best defensive 1B. Leads all baseball in hits. One of top clutch hitters in NL... Baez of Cubs has had excellent offensive numbers. He might win it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Did Ozzie ever win s MVP.. MVP is different from Golden Glove. Freddie Freeman is one of the best defensive 1B. Leads all baseball in hits. One of top clutch hitters in NL... Baez of Cubs has had excellent offensive numbers. He might win it.
Yes MVP is best all around player or should be. That's why JD shouldn't be anywhere above 5. He hits that's it. He's a liability in every other aspect of the game.

By the way ozzie came in second once.

We have ways to measure a players defensive worth now so why disregard it.

And gold glove is a joke. It's a popularity contest. Derek Jeter is the worst defensive SS in the history of the game and he's got a whole boatload of them.

Bad Gas!

Ozzie had decent to very good offensive numbers except power. But he stole 580 bases, had a high obp and hit 40 doubles one year. Legitimate gold glover...But you already know this.

Terry Pendleton won mvp in 91 for braves with only 21 hr and 105 RBI but led the league in hits and was Mr clutch in the clubhouse.. Chapman 68 rbi's don't cut ut.

Brownslave688

Ozzie had decent to very good offensive numbers except power. But he stole 580 bases, had a high obp and hit 40 doubles one year. Legitimate gold glover...But you already know this.

Terry Pendleton won mvp in 91 for braves with only 21 hr and 105 RBI but led the league in hits and was Mr clutch in the clubhouse.. Chapman 68 rbi's don't cut ut.
RBI is an outdated completed useless stat. All it means is your teammates got on base in front of you a lot.

Kind of like pitchers and wins.

Barry Bonds was much better than Pendleton in 91 but batting average carried a lot of weight back then.

Bad Gas!

I disagree with rbi. You still have to come through in the clutch. I do agree with wins and loses. Bonds had some great years. Too bad he cheated. He was great HOF without steroids.. Got greedy.

I grew up watching Hank Aaron at Fulton County Stadium. He will always be the Home Run King to me.

Brownslave688

I disagree with rbi. You still have to come through in the clutch. I do agree with wins and loses. Bonds had some great years. Too bad he cheated. He was great HOF without steroids.. Got greedy.

I grew up watching Hank Aaron at Fulton County Stadium. He will always be the Home Run King to me.
RBI are a team stat more or less. Has more to do with the players in front of you. That's why leadoff guys don't get many RBI normally.

Here's a good example. Mookie Betts leadoff double next guy groundball to second moves him over. Then JD hits a flyball and gets an RBI. nothing clutch about a flyball out.

Bad Gas!

A sac fly is a productive out. . The guys with that score 100+ run do get credit. Of course, leadoff hitters can do like Acuna( 8 times in 3 months as leadoff hitter) , and hit a homerun.
The Braves need to lock this kid up to a 10 yr now.

Brownslave688

A sac fly is a productive out. . The guys with that score 100+ run do get credit. Of course, leadoff hitters can do like Acuna( 8 times in 3 months as leadoff hitter) , and hit a homerun.
The Braves need to lock this kid up to a 10 yr now.
It's a flyball out. The only reason it's productive is because another player got on base.

Ryan Howard 2008 is the perfect example. Lead the league in home runs and RBI and finished second in MVP voting.

With the analytics we now have we now he was terrible that season. His WAR was under 2. His RBI total was a symptom of Rollins and utley getting on base a ton.

Ryan Howard and the 10 Worst Players Ever to Lead the League in HR and RBI

floridays

Yes MVP is best all around player or should be. That's why JD shouldn't be anywhere above 5. He hits that's it. He's a liability in every other aspect of the game.

By the way ozzie came in second once.

We have ways to measure a players defensive worth now so why disregard it.

And gold glove is a joke. It's a popularity contest. Derek Jeter is the worst defensive SS in the history of the game and he's got a whole boatload of them.
So gold glove is a joke? Why do you have to lie and say Jeter is the worst defensive shortstop in history. That is clearly an untruth. Did he cover as much ground as most, absolutely, did he cover the most ground, no. Did you ever play baseball and have you ever been a middle infielder. If you were a middle infielder, just admit what you said was not truthful otherwise you are just a Jeter hater. Please explain how gold glove is a joke. I don't think you played the game beyond pony league. BS post amigo.

floridays

RBI are a team stat more or less. Has more to do with the players in front of you. That's why leadoff guys don't get many RBI normally.

Here's a good example. Mookie Betts leadoff double next guy groundball to second moves him over. Then JD hits a flyball and gets an RBI. nothing clutch about a flyball out.
Weak argument, there has never been a MVP that has gotten the award solely on RBI's.
JD's flyball is more "valuable" than a ball hit on the left side of the infield, a line out on the right side, even possibly a sharply hit ball to the first baseman that can be turned into 2. It is definitely more valuable than a strikeout, popup on the infield, or a flyball that cannot score the runner.
I know it has happened, but in your opinion can a starting pitcher be a MVP. Like I said, I know it has happened, I'm just asking for your opinion.

Brownslave688

Weak argument, there has never been a MVP that has gotten the award solely on RBI's.
JD's flyball is more "valuable" than a ball hit on the left side of the infield, a line out on the right side, even possibly a sharply hit ball to the first baseman that can be turned into 2. It is definitely more valuable than a strikeout, popup on the infield, or a flyball that cannot score the runner.
I know it has happened, but in your opinion can a starting pitcher be a MVP. Like I said, I know it has happened, I'm just asking for your opinion.

It's no more valuable than hundreds of other flyballs that other guys hit every day. Only difference is someone is on 3rd. RBI (other than a HR) are a byproduct of other people getting themselves on base. How often the runners in front of you get on base has a much larger effect on RBI number than how good you are.

Absolutely. They should get it more often. Degrom should probably get it this year in the NL but he won't. He's hands down been the best player in the league.

Brownslave688

So gold glove is a joke? Why do you have to lie and say Jeter is the worst defensive shortstop in history. That is clearly an untruth. Did he cover as much ground as most, absolutely, did he cover the most ground, no. Did you ever play baseball and have you ever been a middle infielder. If you were a middle infielder, just admit what you said was not truthful otherwise you are just a Jeter hater. Please explain how gold glove is a joke. I don't think you played the game beyond pony league. BS post amigo.
Gold glove is based off nothing stat wise. Other than maybe fielding percentage which doesn't even come close to telling the whole story.

I played baseball into college thanks. I'm simply someone that takes advantage of the advance analytics we have now and use them to farther my knowledge of the game.

Derek Jeter gave up more runs as a SS than anyone to ever play the position consistently. To me that makes him the worst defensive SS to ever play MLB. Jeter was a great hitter and a great clubhouse presence. He made the plays he could get to for the most part. The problem was he had possibly the worst range of any SS to ever play the position on a regular basis.

As We Remember Derek Jeter, Don't Forget His Horrid Defense

Bad Gas!

Baseball, like other sports is a team game. You need rbi guys and run guys. The gold glove is usually legit. But sometimes it's a popularity contest going to a big name.I don't care.

What's interesting is I like baseball having an AL MVP and a NL MVP..The NBA only has one for all of Basketball..WHY?..I forgot what the NFL does..

Brownslave688

Baseball, like other sports is a team game. You need rbi guys and run guys. The gold glove is usually legit. But sometimes it's a popularity contest going to a big name.I don't care.

What's interesting is I like baseball having an AL MVP and a NL MVP..The NBA only has one for all of Basketball..WHY?..I forgot what the NFL does..
I'm guessing because the two leagues have different rules.

Bad Gas!

The leagues had the same rules until 1973 when Ron Blomberg was he first DH player for the yankees. But they always had separate mvp

Brownslave688

The leagues had the same rules until 1973 when Ron Blomberg was he first DH player for the yankees. But they always had separate mvp
Maybe because for years they never played each other except the World Series.

I think the NL and AL long viewed themselves as separate leagues that played for a championship. Who knows. Always been that way and baseball is a nothing if not true to traditions.