NMA...we were robbed

Bloodybrown

These are ideas...im working towards reform and i surely dont see any of you brainstorming for victory in 2013. If youre ideas are better discuss them. Maybe instead of calling me an idiot edit my proposals. Quite possibly if we put our heads together we might be able to come up with a plan. If its too loud tone it down and express youre ideas. Also dont bash people that are coming up with ideas that might benefit you one day. Finally show me the respect i have shown you dont call me an idiot or accuse me of drug use or better yet any negative response. If I was on the other side looking in i would help...not tear down. Bless you bitter cruel people i will pray for all of you. Remember treat others how you would like to be treated.

Pray for yourself brother, your gonna need all the help you can get with your thought process!!

BleedBrown33

That is why we fail and lose more and more. So what if its major consessions on Ups's part. If we were to gain even a little it would be better than no gains at all!

705red

Browncafe Steward
That is why we fail and lose more and more. So what if its major consessions on Ups's part. If we were to gain even a little it would be better than no gains at all!
I believe in your thought process and we should start preparing for the next contract its never to early. However you do need to be a little more realistic with your goals. Keep in mind the last poster to you is in management.

Nothing the matter with wanting more just dont stretch it out to an extreme.

Tone it down and you will get a following.

drewed

Shankman

Always remember its a two way road, if your gonna ride the center line be prepared to be ran over by a big brown truck driven by an on road sup

J

JonFrum

You seem to forget that ups freight is formerly overnight which told your hero ron carey to go have sex with himself.

Since the teamsters did have a hostile parting with those same folks it would seem that the devils advocate would have to reluctantly agree that Hoffa has been successful here? . . .

Actually, it was Hoffa who called the monumentally disasterous three year strike against Overnite, and Hoffa who surrendered in shame and defeat.

tieguy

Banned
These are ideas...im working towards reform and i surely dont see any of you brainstorming for victory in 2013. If youre ideas are better discuss them. Maybe insteadh of calling me an idiot edit my proposals. Quite possibly if we put our heads together we might be able to come up with a plan. If its too loud tone it down and express youre ideas. Also dont bash people that are coming up with ideas that might benefit you one day. Finally show me the respect i have shown you dont call me an idiot or accuse me of drug use or better yet any negative response. If I was on the other side looking in i would help...not tear down. Bless you bitter cruel people i will pray for all of you. Remember treat others how you would like to be treated.

your proposals are so bizarre and so far from reality that other posters may have done you a favor when they alibied your bizarre posts with drug use.

In either case your union hall is the place to start if you wish to be a leader in those contract talks.

J

JonFrum

. . . For ups to guarantee the payout they would have to buy them all out. . . .

By Law UPS already guarantees the payout to its employees of all the pension plans it contributes to. When UPS makes its required, contractual monthly "contributions," its obligation is not over. If those contributions loose their value over time as a result of a declining stock market, for example, UPS must make up the loss, either through additional contributions, or by paying Withdrawal Liability to exit the fund.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
By Law UPS already guarantees the payout to its employees of all the pension plans it contributes to. When UPS makes its required, contractual monthly "contributions," its obligation is not over. If those contributions loose their value over time as a result of a declining stock market, for example, UPS must make up the loss, either through additional contributions, or by paying Withdrawal Liability to exit the fund.

really? care to link to said law, since you quoted it???

d

tieguy

Banned
really? care to link to said law, since you quoted it???

d

shush... i think I heard a scared little anonymous scab whispering in the night.......uhoh...sounds like he wet himself.

actually scabsite and I are talking about two different things as he knows. Thats the problem with these scabsites they can come on here and post misinformation and not be held accountable.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
tie

speaking of being held accountable...

as you well know, in many centers management plans the staffing short. by that i mean the know their manning calls for 62.7 people for the sort. and they have 59-60 show. that creates a situation where you will almost guarantee you will have management working. pretty much the length of the sort.

you and i both know that sups working are a national "game" that gets played. you only get caught 25-30% of the time, out of that, only 15-20% get filed on. so worst case senario, you only pay out on about 2-5% of the times a sup actally does barganing unit work. so the game continues as management plays the odds in their favor.

i know there are centers where if management does hourly work, without a "really good reason" management does take harsh action against that sup. but that is not the norm.

so what would you suggest the appropriate settlement should be? actual time worked at the current pay is not slowing the problem. you say that $100 plus time at overtime is way too much.....so what would you suggest for the next contract?

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is why I truly believe that UPS having managers performing hourly work and paying the grievances filed for that reason is considered to simply be a cost of doing business because they know full well, as D stated, that only a percentage of the cases of sups working will be filed upon and the savings outweigh the paid grievances.

B

Brown Az

It is very clear to me that this next contract more money should be allocated to mgr, sales and marketing dept employees.. I am a driver in az but work very closely with sales dept. When I talk to friends who are mgr it is sad to hear with they actually make. These guys are have horrible benefits compared to ours. They company need to pay better money to the sales reps so they don't leave for another company. If we don't keep growing the company there will be cut backs. These guys directly help better our days. More Picks ups means less deliveries. .... There is no way preload could be 8 hours it isn't efficient and who would want to preload for 8 hours 4 is like hell but 2 degress hotter

tieguy

Banned
tie

as you well know, in many centers management plans the staffing short. by that i mean the know their manning calls for 62.7 people for the sort. and they have 59-60 show. that creates a situation where you will almost guarantee you will have management working. pretty much the length of the sort.

you and i both know that sups working are a national "game" that gets played. you only get caught 25-30% of the time, out of that, only 15-20% get filed on. so worst case senario, you only pay out on about 2-5% of the times a sup actally does barganing unit work. so the game continues as management plays the odds in their favor.

i know there are centers where if management does hourly work, without a "really good reason" management does take harsh action against that sup. but that is not the norm.

so what would you suggest the appropriate settlement should be? actual time worked at the current pay is not slowing the problem. you say that $100 plus time at overtime is way too much.....so what would you suggest for the next contract?

d

Danny,

I don't know if it will ever completely stop. I have seen an effort by region labor to nip a lot of it in the but I don't believe it will ever stop.

In some cases its poor planning in some cases it is conditions out of the management teams control. If five guys don't show up for work today when you normally only have two scratch then someones going out on the road. Granted we have the responsibility of planning and accountability for attendance but there are at times good reasons why sups are working.

Why keep fooling ourselves into thinking its going to stop completely. After all our real purpose in life should be to make service on all packages regardless of the competency of your particular management crew.

Let there be the hefty penalty that is there now to reward whatever ambitious grievant would like to cash in. And move on. Why create a situation where we have constant arguments about the situation. Collect your pound of flesh and move on. JMHO

P

password reset

You don't know what you are talking about, I am all for a better contract, but if we got everything you propose UPS would lose money, go bankrupt and you wouldn’t have a job. If people could get pension payments for the rest of their lives after working 5 years every plan would go broke.

No, they would be diplomats! Congressmen get pension for life and healthcare after just ONE TERM

Mike Hawk

Danny,

I don't know if it will ever completely stop. I have seen an effort by region labor to nip a lot of it in the but I don't believe it will ever stop.

In some cases its poor planning in some cases it is conditions out of the management teams control. If five guys don't show up for work today when you normally only have two scratch then someones going out on the road. Granted we have the responsibility of planning and accountability for attendance but there are at times good reasons why sups are working.

Why keep fooling ourselves into thinking its going to stop completely. After all our real purpose in life should be to make service on all packages regardless of the competency of your particular management crew.

Let there be the hefty penalty that is there now to reward whatever ambitious grievant would like to cash in. And move on. Why create a situation where we have constant arguments about the situation. Collect your pound of flesh and move on. JMHO
When they fail at staffing and a sup needs to go on road they can take a part timer with them to do the union work while they drive.

It WILL stop when the cost outweighs the benefit.

The penalty in place now is clearly not enough, it does not stop them. Who created the situation? Did the union ask the sups to work? I suppose it is our fault for trying to protect our jobs, it always is.

After all our real purpose in life should be to make service on all packages
That would explain your views on many things, when you have a life outside of UPS perhaps you will be able to think for yourself.

BigBrownSanta

tie

d

Progressive penalties.

1st offense - double time.

2nd offense - triple time.

3rd offense - triple time and 2 day suspension of violating management person.

4th offense - triple time and transfer of violating management person to a lesser responsible position.

...and yes, I am halfway kidding about this.
IMO, it will take progressive penalties until it's just too costly to keep violating the contract.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
tie

pound of flesh.......you make it seem like yes its your right to file, but you really shouldn't

issue at hand is that ups agreeded in writing to no working by management. only in cases where they have demonstrated that they have exhausted their options is management allowed to work ("training" asside)

now, after you have given your word by signing the contract, there is nothing wrong with violation of the contract, there is no violation in your collective minds unless you get caught. kinda like the guy cheating on his wife. in his mind, he is doing nothing wrong until wife knocks on the hotel door

and you wonder why hourly wonder about the over all ethics of management

remember, "he who is trustworthy in small things is honest in great things"

that being said, there are too many times where you dont get the big picture, and then dont leave yourself an out, without violating the contract. and then you look at it being our fault for getting that pound of flesh?

please sir, that mindset is beneath you.

best regards

d

tieguy

Banned
tie

pound of flesh.......you make it seem like yes its your right to file, but you really shouldn't

issue at hand is that ups agreeded in writing to no working by management. only in cases where they have demonstrated that they have exhausted their options is management allowed to work ("training" asside)

d

Danny,

I know all that . I thought you were asking for an honest opinion? The pound of flesh is another way of saying pay the penalty.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
an honest opinion?

while at first i did not think about it, asking you for your honest opinion is pretty much a redundency?

point is, as has been stated, until it becomes a serious issue for the company, it will never stop. and as with all behaivior that needs changing, when the proper motivation is there, it will happen.

d