no budget for recruitment?

trickpony1 said:
KeepItSimple,
Perhaps you are one of the chosen few that gets a large sum of stock dumped in his/her lap each year.
Your comment about how GGG coward probably can't afford a computer was pretentious.
As far as "people who remain nameless", you as well as everyone else on this board are "nameless"....some are just registered.
GGGcoward's opinion appears to carry alot more weight and substance than yours.
My guess is you're in management?

Trick, I apologize if you were offended by my comment however maybe you should recognize sarcasm when it's written. I thought it was pretty clear given the winking icon:wink: ..... I didn't honestly think that the poster couldn't afford a computer. Maybe I should be more clear so you're not offended next time.
I do find it humorous that you call my comment "pretentious" when you began your post with what you did. To make a blanket statement like that and say that all management people have "a large sum of stock dumped in his/her lap each year" is basically saying that nobody in management earns what they get. I'd call that an ignorant, disrespectful and yes even pretentious comment.
I've been on both sides (mgt/union) here and at other jobs and I've busted my butt to get every penny I earned even when it meant 70 hour weeks without a single cent of overtime pay. I'm not judging you or anyone else here on what they do or what they earn because I don't do what you do and maybe I couldn't do what you do so I can't criticize. If someone came out and said all drivers steal time or packages (which I'm not saying!), the board would erupt with fury because it's obviously an unfair and untrue statement. From your tone and comments I can see that this is a one-way street for you and generalizations about management are okay with you.:confused:1
As for your comment/question about whether I'm in management or not, I consider myself a UPS employee just like yourself. I don't share your "us vs. them" views.