no deliveries Monday January 25th

9.5 everyday

Our hub has 2 centers. The other center had 2 drivers and zero sups come in today. Our center had one sup and 10 drivers show up. Our center manager got stuck on the way in. We ran any business we could. I did 27 stops, 7 were open. I took a drive down some of the main resi roads and they were pretty much all one way, and side streets were nearly impassable. It's gonna take a month to dig ourselves out of this one and get caught back up.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
From what I could see on TV the areas that have been cleared are completely melted and dry.

Maybe the areas that have been cleared.

Areas that haven't are still screwed. Thirty fell inches where we were supposed to take cars today. The auction called and said they don't want any more this week. 300+ acres of pavement are going to take a while to clear.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe the areas that have been cleared.

Areas that haven't are still screwed. Thirty fell inches where we were supposed to take cars today. The auction called and said they don't want any more this week. 300+ acres of pavement are going to take a while to clear.

My point was the weather has warmed and that areas that have been cleared should melt on their own.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
We received 24 inches on Saturday, went out with 157 stops today which is about 35 stops lighter than normal. Roads were like dog poo

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My point was the weather has warmed and that areas that have been cleared should melt on their own.

C'mon, Dave. You should certainly know what happens after a major snow.

It may get warm during the day, but all that run-off will freeze over night.

Maybe south of Maryland will be warm enough to continue to melt, but the south-east and south-central portions of PA will still be treacherous for some time.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
C'mon, Dave. You should certainly know what happens after a major snow.

It may get warm during the day, but all that run-off will freeze over night.

Maybe south of Maryland will be warm enough to continue to melt, but the south-east and south-central portions of PA will still be treacherous for some time.
Ice, snow?? Plows???

What's all this you speak of?

It's like a foreign language down here. It was cold today though.

Damn 60s can be freezing

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

oldngray

nowhere special
Yea, I call them hamster people, only open the door enough to pull the package in and disappear back behind the door

And they lack the spatial recognition to realize they need to open the door enough for the package to fit though. A foot wide box won't fit through a 3 inch crack.