No Founders Day mention???

U

upsdude

Isnt today Founders Day? Nothing was mentioned in my center this morning. But then, we didnt leave the building until 9:20, AGAIN.

P

p.

We had doughnuts and a vidio this a.m. & a hamburger bbq and pop at the end of the day.
But then again we still use diad 2, and drive P500's.

D

deliver_man

9:20 here as well. There were a couple boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts by the diad station, but thats it.

P

pgraening

The center employees had cake at my location, while us hub workers enjoyed cake, the "inspirational" video with Jim Casey and Mike Eskew, followed by cookies, and free soda and coffee.

But we also had a facility audit and several missing workers.

U

ups_vette

I got my wife that new Corvette she wanted and told her it was a Founders Day gift from Jim Casey.

U

upsdude

upsvette,

So that's why we've been working sooooooo many hours! LOL!

T

toonertoo

We had cake, preload supervisor called off sick, walked in the door to more chaos than usual, 10 min to start time had to go load truck. Didnt get no cake!! At return to building center manager was feeding reload goulash and salad and pizza, from the "big boys" leftover lunch. Happy founders day to me....too.

U

upsdude

toonertoo.......

Don't you know........

You can't have your Cake, and eat it too!!
biggrin.gif

P

proups

Cake, doughnuts, etc.....

The video was O.K.

2007 will be pretty special!

L

local804

Same stuff here....We got the hot breakfast, video and UPS safety keychains.Typical day at UPS though, I heard the boss put two of our guys on 72 hour`s. I cant wait to hear about this one.....

L

local804

72 hour notice....The union business agent has 72 hours to come down to discuss the problem.Usually happens when the steward and the Center manager cant work out an agreement.If it cant be fixed there, they could possibly fire the guy and let an arbitrator make a final decision.