No Holiday Pay ?

vaboris

I have been working the local sort for over 9 months now (part-time employee). I was paid hoilday pay for Thanksgiving but not for Christmas? Anyone know why this is?

HazMatMan

I have been working the local sort for over 9 months now (part-time employee). I was paid hoilday pay for Thanksgiving but not for Christmas? Anyone know why this is?

If you are in the union then you should get paid for the holiday. 9 months? you started in May?? Should have made book by July, Aug?? Did you get paid for Labor day?? in September?? How about Election day?? in November?? Did you get paid for that holiday?? How many days did you work the week of Christmas??? Need to know exactly when you started and exactly when you made book????

bad company

semi-pro
If you are in the union then you should get paid for the holiday. 9 months? you started in May?? Should have made book by July, Aug?? Did you get paid for Labor day?? in September?? How about Election day?? in November?? Did you get paid for that holiday?? How many days did you work the week of Christmas??? Need to know exactly when you started and exactly when you made book????

Election day? That's a paid holiday? That's news to me... cause I sure has heck didn't get any money from it. Nor did I get a day off...

HazMatMan

Election day? That's a paid holiday? That's news to me... cause I sure has heck didn't get any money from it. Nor did I get a day off...

It may be different where you work. In my jurisdiction if you work on Election day you get paid double time AND get paid 8 hours for the holiday. If you choose to take the day off you get paid 8 hours for the holiday.. Like I said I found out on the Brown Cafe that my contract is different from others real fast, so your contract may differ from my contract.
I heard a few years ago that the guys who fix the belts in my building (a different local) in the last contract or so traded an extra personal day for Election day pay. So they get straight time on that day but get an extra day off..

chaser

I also work part time pre-load have been a union member for three years and also did not receive my Holiday pay for Christmas and New Year's. It's a payroll issue which happens fairly often (not surprising). You need to inform your supervisor so they issue you the pay you are owed.

Fnix

I just got my Friday paycheck, Opt days, 1 week vacation I didnt use and 1 week I am taking now. About 600$ in checks.

brownrodster

If you did not work christmas eve then you will not get paid for christmas.

If you miss the day before or after a holiday you do not get paid for the holiday.

Unfortunately for most evening shift part timers there wasn't enough work to keep them busy on x-mas eve (and who would want to work xmas eve anyway).

I

iowa boy

I work the local sort here and had x-mas eve off and still got paid for christmas. Although i did work the friday before and the wed after.

HazMatMan

If you did not work christmas eve then you will not get paid for christmas.

If you miss the day before or after a holiday you do not get paid for the holiday.

Unfortunately for most evening shift part timers there wasn't enough work to keep them busy on x-mas eve (and who would want to work xmas eve anyway).

I work the local sort here and had x-mas eve off and still got paid for christmas. Although i did work the friday before and the wed after.

Remember folks, it's different all around the country, For me, you only need to work 2 days the week of the holiday to get holiday pay, OR, zero days if you are out sick.

athena

I didn't work X-mas eve and I also didn't get paid for X-mas. Called about it and will be getting it in my next check. Also, might want to check UPSers about rules and regs on paid holidays.