No light duty for pregnant workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilberforce15

It's gotten a lot easier since I only help when I'm directed. If anybody in the hub wants help with a 50lb box, they can go **** themselves.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Men like this is exactly why I say that women screwed themselves by going overboard with the whole feminist movement.

I bet you don’t even hold a door for a woman carrying a box, do you?

wilberforce15

My entire position here is that employees should be able to lift up to 70 lbs unassisted.

It's amazing how radical that is, given that, at least theoretically, it's written in the job postings.

It just means that we would almost never hire women.

My entire position here is that employees should be able to lift up to 70 lbs unassisted.

It's amazing how radical that is, given that, at least theoretically, it's written in the job postings.

It just means that we would almost never hire women.
And you'd rather hold someone down because of 10 lbs. Neat.

wilberforce15

That's why they get hurt so much. They're regularly lifting near the top end of their ability, and that puts excess strain on ligaments, tendons, back muscles, etc. no matter what methods are used.

It's not an exaggeration. And you know that.
It is, and I know that. I'd rather have someone (un)loading as much as possible and helping them out, than have no one there and me (un)loading all of that sh* that's what I know. And I know that as someone who's a right-sided guy who doesn't care for liberal BS, I get the part of a union that helps and stands for each other, instead of what you're clearly doing.

wilberforce15

It is, and I know that. I'd rather have someone (un)loading as much as possible and helping them out, than have no one there and me (un)loading all of that sh* that's what I know. And I know that as someone who's a right-sided guy who doesn't care for liberal BS, I get the part of a union that helps and stands for each other, instead of what you're clearly doing.
I stand with people who become less able to do the job over time. I stand with people who need to set a 30 or 35 year pace, because that's how long they plan to be here. So they can't kill it every day or every night. I stand with people who insist on a fair day's work and pay.

I do not stand with people who are incapable of a basic job function from Day 1.

I stand with people who become less able to do the job over time. I stand with people who need to set a 30 or 35 year pace, because that's how long they plan to be here. So they can't kill it every day or every night. I stand with people who insist on a fair day's work and pay.

I do not stand with people who are incapable of a basic job function from Day 1.
Yeah, you've made it clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.