No light duty for pregnant workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriverNerd

My wife went on disability at 20 weeks for both of her pregnancies. She knew she could do the work much longer but was happy to do so with those giant babies she carried.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I cannot believe the insensitivity, for ANOTHER upser ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION. So many other threads for this. Do you guys have sisters, mothers, wives? How about just being human. A litttle late for that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I cannot believe the insensitivity, for ANOTHER upser ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION. So many other threads for this. Do you guys have sisters, mothers, wives? How about just being human. A litttle late for that.
Calm down honey her question was answered in the first or second reply
After that it’s wide open

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
She wasn't offended...

At least it didn't seem.

Everything was tasteful and tastey...

On topic and trying to help.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Calm down honey her question was answered in the first or second reply
After that it’s wide open
I mean...

Technically...

And being technical because it's on topic...

Technically...

It was busted wide open already.

In a tasteful way of course.

Helping.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
She’s been a good sport

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
No, but being a woman is pretty disabling. I regularly have to help lift and move things for women who, for some stupid reason, get equal pay.
A woman started this website. You might ask yourself....self, why am I here? Women suck, right?

You making really ignorant and disparaging comments about women on the internet shows how much of big boy you can be on the internet... Bet you don't demean them face to face, you might just get your a** kicked. smh

wilberforce15

A woman started this website. You might ask yourself....self, why am I here? Women suck, right?

You making really ignorant and disparaging comments about women on the internet shows how much of big boy you can be on the internet... Bet you don't demean them face to face, you might just get your a** kicked. smh
People who can't do the whole job should be paid less.

Sue me.

iruhnman630

Preferred work is supposed to be awarded by seniority, which inherently conflicts with accommodating physical work restrictions

wilberforce15

Equal pay. Plus no one has to lift something over seventy pounds by themselves unless they are a coward. You must be a coward.
Did you know that 70 is not "over 70"?

That's why I said 70. Because it's not an Over 70.

Equal pay for equal work.

But women really want equal pay for less work.

wilberforce15

Yes, I lift everything up to 150 myself. Team lifting is dangerous. People don't communicate, they move unexpectedly, they don't listen, they don't plan....I lost count of how many times somebody almost got me hurt in a team lift.

Since they're not heavy, it's safer by myself.

wilberforce15

Because I belong to a union. Try not worrying about other people and just worry about you.
So you are saying that unions exist to make sure that people who can't do the job get paid the same as those who can.

And you wonder why they have a bad reputation?

Unions should exist to protect the worker. Not protect the worker who literally can't do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.