No more carrot for me...

rhider

The Buddha King
Okay folks, well its been nice but im departing this board and the company. I've been here 6 months and got a cover driver bid back in October and have yet to drive :( My full time day job has offered me a managers position at 60k a year starting now. Thats an increase over 38k a year:ohmy: :ohmy: So needless to say i have taken the bird in hand and left two in the bush. No more local sort, waiting to drive, or freezing cold buildings!! Good luck to you all with peak and the years to come. Its been an adventure and i have much respect for all you upsers!!

trickpony1

I wish I was in your shoes.
Based on the current rumors about the pension I may be sooner than later.

Treat people like you would like to be treated (I think it's called respect), don't be afraid to get in there with them and grovel in the disliked aspects of the job and show some compassion towards your employees and you will go far.
Good Luck.

disneyworld

Okay folks, well its been nice but im departing this board and the company. I've been here 6 months and got a cover driver bid back in October and have yet to drive :( My full time day job has offered me a managers position at 60k a year starting now. Thats an increase over 38k a year:ohmy: :ohmy: So needless to say i have taken the bird in hand and left two in the bush. No more local sort, waiting to drive, or freezing cold buildings!! Good luck to you all with peak and the years to come. Its been an adventure and i have much respect for all you upsers!!
God bless ya-I wonder how many people have quit in just the last 2-3 years.And I'm talking about the people that have put in some time,not the people that have worked a week.

JustAnotherBody

they just told us if we want winter vacation to pick them by december 15th.... im putting much thought into taking january to burn my vacation and find a job that doesnt make me suicidal/homicidal/committable etc...

peak #8 might be the last for me.... i think it would be smart for me.....
encourage me please!

JustAnotherBody

i guess not were all here......

anyone have a dad with a busineuss? i swear i work hard and ill come in and all that good worker stuff...
just give me a week to get back to that good worker stuff.. ups kinda sucked that out of me! it used to be there really. i was happy too.

Raw

Raw Member
Don`t let the door hit you on the way out ! I will be enjoying my 20th Christmas as a driver this year. It was 74` today , getting COLD!! :thumbup1:

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
You got a 38k increase at your other job out of the blue? Why were you even pursuing anything at UPS when your other job had potential to pay like that?

satellitedriver

Good Luck.Just don't carry your attitude with you to your new job.