No more forced Saturdays

No more forced Saturdays

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Really?

After the threat of a strike and big shippers bailing, you think more won't bail if we can't get everything delivered this peak? You're giving shippers too much credit to stay with a Company that can't deliver for them.
Why won't we get everything delivered? The company is using Saturday delivery to lower Monday's paid day.

Trucker Clock

Why won't we get everything delivered? The company is using Saturday delivery to lower Monday's paid day.

Not necessarily during peak. We have major shippers that are giving us their normal volume on Friday, plus giving us the same amount on Saturday. We can't run twice the amount on Monday, so we need to run Saturday. If we don't, it all won't get delivered.

And yes, if we piss off some of these major shippers, they will go to FedEx for spite. We lost quite a few during contract negotiations, that are not back yet, and probably won't come back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not necessarily during peak. We have major shippers that are giving us their normal volume on Friday, plus giving us the same amount on Saturday. We can't run twice the amount on Monday, so we need to run Saturday. If we don't, it all won't get delivered.

And yes, if we piss off some of these major shippers, they will go to FedEx for spite. We lost quite a few during contract negotiations, that are not back yet, and probably won't come back.
Shippers want to leave, let em' go. I'm sure the others have the capacity to deliver everything.

Trucker Clock

You're kidding right? Everyone knows UPS is 4 bad Saturdays away from bankruptcy!

What the hell are you talking about. I never said bankruptcy. But you have to play it up. I thought you were smarter than that? I guess I was wrong.

I said we could lose good Union paying jobs to a non-union company.

Pullman Brown

You act like this is 2013 where we missed two million packages or the year we moved the DOT to 70 hours. Relax worst case scenario if stuff starts rolling we can go to 70 hours for a few weeks. But again we have PVDS. I don’t understand the fear-mongering!

542thruNthru

We can go to 70 hours for a few weeks. But again we have PVDS. I don’t understand the fear-mongering!
Have to agree with this. Like I've said before the company has plenty of options they can use before forcing. They just always like to use the easiest option and to hell with how it effects people.

We all know peak means long hours but it doesn't mean 6 days.

Pullman Brown

Have to agree with this. Like I've said before the company has plenty of options they can use before forcing. They just always like to use the easiest option and to hell with how it effects people.

I’ve been saying the same thing since the beginning of this OP.

Trucker Clock

And all I'm saying is that those who have been forced over the last 4 years, who thought they had to come in, what's another 4 weeks compared to 4 years?

They've been forced in over 200 times. what's another 4?

And yes, this is on UPS. They had 60 days to figure it out, and they didn't. So maybe the great Teamster Union has to bail them out.

542thruNthru

And all I'm saying is that those who have been forced over the last 4 years, who thought they had to come in, what's another 4 weeks compared to 4 years?

They've been forced in over 200 times. what's another 4?

And yes, this is on UPS. They had 60 days to figure it out, and they didn't. So maybe the great Teamster Union has to bail them out.
Instead of properly staffing their operations, we bailed them out for 4 years. Maybe its time we stop enabling the abuser and tell em enough is enough is all I'm saying.