No more futuring?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't envy you--it must be really tough being the know all, see all here at UPS.

CLO1 means that the business is open but there is no one in the office at the time being (lunch, errands). CLO1 or CLO HOL indicates that the business is closed for the day, whether it be a known closure (CLO HOL) or an unexpected closing (CLO 1) or an attempt after established business hours (CLO 1 or MS).

NI1 is reserved for residential stops.

You also amaze me at times but for far different reasons.

Last edited:
H

hseofpayne

Lol, how is NI1 any different then CLO HOL - not on a holiday.
You amaze me sometimes.

If you get there and they are closed for one day you sheet it as CLO1. If it's between 12 and 1 do what you normally do, go back or prerecord it and sheet it after 1.

If there is a note saying they will be closed for several days - use the future till the day they open again.

Mind you, I am just a dumb :censored2: driver who aint werked in 2 years, but isn't NI1 reserved for residentials and CLO1 reserved for business stops?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Bingo. I am surprised Mr. UPS did not know that.
It is funny how you have criticized others for sarcastic posts, yet you feel free to spew whatever you choose toward others. Perhaps other center managers train their drivers to do things differently than your center manager has trained you. Fact of the matter is, everyone could do a better job of trying to actually deliver the packages rather than the quest to be done early. We lose enough business and many employees will be spending much more time at home than they do now.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My particular situation was that the business refuses to accept at front door and won't answer back door. That is when I sheet NI1.

I don't think sheet it clo! is the right way to sheet this.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Upstate, you claim NI1 is only good for commercial stops yet when you record a pkg as NI1 the DIAD asks you if it's a comm. or res. stop. If you are closed for the day you are closed. If you should be open but left for an hour you are NI1 comm or CLO1. If its MLK Day or Preidents day it's CLO HOL The floor is yours.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Upstate, basically it boils down to this. You are going to sheet your pkgs as you were told, as will I and as will everyone else. I will continue to sheet that particular business as NI1 until I am told to stop.

I don't sheet businesses as CLOH unless it is a holiday. If they are known clo or just an odd clo then I sheet it CLO1.

I think we should have the option of sheeting CLOKNO. That would save alot of arguments.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have taken a moment to think about it and I am going to stand by my first post. NI1 can be used for both commercial and residential stops while CLO1 or CLO HOL are reserved for commercials stops, the first being for a business that is not a known closure and the second for a known closure. The NI1 for a business would come in to play in the situation that Dilligaf described or in the one I described where the office/business is temporarily closed either for lunch or they are out running errands. If you are able to go back to the stop you would use DUP so that you wouldn't be padding stops or can go back and void the original stop and record the subsequent stop w/o using DUP.

NI1 Commercial/Residential
CLO1 Business closed (not known closure)
CLO HOL Business closed for holiday or known closure

H

hseofpayne

My particular situation was that the business refuses to accept at front door and won't answer back door. That is when I sheet NI1.

I don't think sheet it clo! is the right way to sheet this.

I think we need a FI1 key for this particular situation! I would just scan a info notice that sez see you tommorow, CLO1. That might break them of there rudeness.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think we need a FI1 key for this particular situation! I would just scan a info notice that sez see you tommorow, CLO1. That might break them of there rudeness.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

By jove House I think you are right and that is, by far, the best idea yet.