No more One-Time PU’s ?

upsdude

We were pcm’d Monday that one time pickups are no more. Sup had a big pile of asd’s and told us to stock up. Apparently UPS is fazing out this service and we’re the first area. Customers will first be directed to a UPS store but if they insist on a PU we get an on call.

This is going to be a PIA, at least before you could have some control over your day if you had a stack of 1-shots. They were also a faster with preprinted labels. :angry:

mgator39

There is not a UPS store in our entire center. Also there is not a place anywhere on my route that people can go to ship a package. I tell most of my customers to create a label online and bring me the package. Must be one time pickups were not a money maker.

upsdude

There is not a UPS store in our entire center. Also there is not a place anywhere on my route that people can go to ship a package. I tell most of my customers to create a label online and bring me the package. Must be one time pickups were not a money maker.

I was wondering about rural areas myself. I remember way back that 1-shots were the highest in claims. Don’t know if that’s still the case but I don’t see it getting any better with hand written labels.

Just not sure I understand this decision.

How is it any more cost effective for us to show up with an ASD as opposed to a pre-printed label? Something doesn't sound right here...

wornoutupser

I had a customer told the same a week before Christmas. My center could not verify this and the customer called back in a few minutes later. The one time came through.

Who knows???? I am in Central Florida

Cementups

Box Monkey
How is it any more cost effective for us to show up with an ASD as opposed to a pre-printed label? Something doesn't sound right here...

Especially since the price of carbonless paper is by far greater than that of a termal printed sticker. Now I'm going to have to give my one big one-time p.u customer a big old stack of SDG labels so he can have them ready instead of me spending 15 minutes writing them up for him.

DS

Fenderbender
They did away with one-times years ago here when they introduced the ODS .I'm not sure about you guys but oncalls can really screw up your day if you get enough of them.One day last week I got 24.I was lucky that most of them were regular online shippers and none of those "please bring waybills" ones.Printer toner ink is really expensive,think of the millions ups is saving when these shippers use thier own computers.
I agree it was nice in the old days with one-times,you could plan your day.Now you just never know,my oncall cut off time is 6:30 pm...grrrr

Billed as an On Demand.......

They are also billed an additional fee for a one time pick up. The difference can't be enough to cover the cost of the ods labels AND the additional $10 they have to pay me in time spent waiting for them to fill it out.