No more Pm Dispatch.....lol

Dr.Brownz

Dragon I'm not sure where the living beyond means part came from. If the management would stop trying to do things like add 40 stops to a route and then send someone out blind and tell them its a light day we wouldn't have to PM dispatch. I'm not going to play into your attempted guilt trip thing, its on management and the company for not hiring enough drivers and creating package crisis's everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaker

trolling
I work the same pace everyday , some days I am done at 5 and some days I am done at 7

Guess which days I get yelled at , I know you guys don't want to admit it but 135 stops isn't going to take the same amount of time everyday

tacken

"PM Dispatch"? We don't use that term here. You mean being asked to help someone else? In my previous center I was constantly asked to help others because the PDS was constantly over-dispatching almost every driver daily. In my current center the center manager claims he puts in more routes than IE wants him to and our average dispatched day is 8.6 hours instead of 9.1 hours. Obviously this doesn't mean the average driver is done in 8.6 hours, just that the plan is half an hour less than the other center.
I'm now very rarely asked to help anyone and if I am it's to help with a pickup that was unexpectedly blown out and that's maybe 3 times a year. I'm never ever asked to go take stops off someone and maybe once a year asked to grab someone's air.
That's the way it should be. Get my work done and go home. Not a bad idea!!!

Foamer Pyle

you get 2 requests per month!
The corporate A-Holes are so disconnected from the rest of us. It's sad that they treat all management like crap, and it just gets passed down to us. If management ever listened and acted on some of the good ideas that the hourly employees have, they could actually make more money, and have happier employees. However, they would rather fail before acting on an hourly's idea. Next contract we have to demand stronger 9.5 language. The Union Bamboozled everyone on this last contract into believing they improved 9.5 language.

Fragile

at least one vs how many on the road? Surely you are not complaining about that.

So what did the rest of you do that were not PM dispatched? Did you come in early because you knew you didn't need to help anyone? I would bet the majority of stayed out and punched off at the same time, its about the money you cannot take a pay cut because most of you live beyond your means.

Yes we do. So do the center managers that make a little bit more than we do :).

Dr.Brownz

What is PM dispatch? Most of our day takes place after noon?

AM dispatch would be fix the work distribution in the morning rather than shuffling stops around late in the day. PM would be afternoon dispatching. Its inefficient to have to send help to one guy who is blown out rather than fixing it in the morning.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
AM dispatch would be fix the work distribution in the morning rather than shuffling stops around late in the day. PM would be afternoon dispatching. Its inefficient to have to send help to one guy who is blown out rather than fixing it in the morning.
Back in the old days, if I was light, I would go to Joe's route and take 15 stops from him.

Can't do that anymore as sups are terrified getting the job done will generate a idiotic report.

Dr.Brownz

they could actually make more money, and have happier employees. However, they would rather fail before acting on an hourly's idea. e.

I have watched ideas be presented time and time again to management by hourlies and every time the idea is shot down, managements crap plan is allowed to fail, and then suddenly (sometimes the next day) the hourlies idea is implemented as if it was managements idea all along.