No OT After 8 For 22.4?

Imchar1

A supervisor told me 22.4 people won't get OT after 8. I doubt its true but does anyone know anything about this?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
2h97gc.jpg

Box Ox

A supervisor told me 22.4 people won't get OT after 8. I doubt its true but does anyone know anything about this?

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.

Overtime Pay - Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor

Trailer monkey

That covers overtime for over 40. But the over 8 hrs overtime isnt legally required
In fact, trucking companies are exempt from 40 hour OT, many of them pay it because it is a standard, but they do not have to, and some do not. I worked at the old Watkins Motor Lines years ago (non-union) they didn't pay it

TxTawny

that’s ridiculous. They are cheap labor for UPS. Those guys will be working max hours and if UPS has it their way, RPCD’s will be working minimum hours.

MAKAVELI

In fact, trucking companies are exempt from 40 hour OT, many of them pay it because it is a standard, but they do not have to, and some do not. I worked at the old Watkins Motor Lines years ago (non-union) they didn't pay it
It's in your contract. They can't arbitrarily take it away. And they can't deny it to 22.4 when they offer it to ft drivers and pt handlers.