NO TO HYBRID DRIVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over disciplined0123

• Possible and probable issues and scenarios if this latest UPS proposal is accepted. As we typically see on a daily basis for the last 5 years the preload shifts can not wrap up before start times mostly due to the fact of employee turnover from the low starting pay and current part time wages . When drivers get out of the building late means they return to building later at night with all their pickup pieces at end of day (A chain reaction begins) It's obvious the company realizes this ongoing situation can not be fixed and is accepting situation with the new 22.4 lower paid hybrid drivers who will then never have the chance of the regular friend/T driver position which pays approximately 40 grand a year more ....!!!!Here is what is possible and probable..Let's say we have 845 start time any work not loaded on truck at starting time will be left in cages till the regular fulltime drivers leave the building then a few new empty trucks will be brought in and loaded and staffed with the lower paid 22.4 hybrid drivers .... The regular full time drivers are only guaranteed 8 hrs a day ,with that being said let's say only 7hrs of work was all that made it on your truck that day you would have to call in to center which then will send you to another driver for work or add some pick up stops so you get 8hrs of pay .. so every day these hybrid drivers ( who make significantly less money ) will deliver the packages that preload could not process before start time . Ups would save billions in operating costs and you will never see any more overtime again or a regular full time driver position filled again.This two tier wage scale is a union's worst enemy ,it was started by corporate America in the auto industry and look what happened to steel and auto workers which was once a most sought after career ....One that you could raise a family and live the American dream ..........I know ups will say that they are creating full time jobs which is a fact BUT. THEY ARE CREATING significantly Lower paying fulltime jobs.......instead of hiring a regular full time driver position who will be making 45 dollars an hour in 2022 . It amazes me that people do not know that UPS and/or investors will pay millions of dollars and hire these union busting money saving capitalists that shares ideas and tactics to increase divededs even if and when they take it from the rank and file hard working employees who made many sacrifices for this company a 6billion dollar profit making huge corporation .... we all need to open our eyes and look at the big picture of how UPS can and will abuse contract language .. as a 28 year teamster and ups employee I believe the simplistic way to help the situation of the Preloads not being wrapped up on time is to raise the part time starting wage to 15$ a hour and possibly 20 $ with a opt out no benefits ..Then you won't have so much employee turnover and have to keep retraining new part time employees also 50 percent of new partime hires never use their benefits for that matter so start them at $20 a hour with a opt out of no benefits ..I would just like to add that I learned a lot from this company as this being my first and only job in my lifetime. When I was 18 I was told by a manager we are all just numbers here at ups and easily replaced . That was almost 30 years ago I was told that and now see the meaning of his statement ....i. WE ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER FOR GODS SAKES AND COMMUNICATE WITH FACTS WHY WOULD WE WANT LOWER PAYING FULL TIME JOBS CREATED WHY NOT JUST HIRE MORE FULLTIME DRIVERS WITJ NO TWO TIER WAGE SCALE.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just what we needed.... another thread on the subject.

It's obvious the company realizes this ongoing situation can not be fixed and is accepting situation with the new 22.4 lower paid hybrid drivers who will then never have the chance of the regular friend/T driver position which pays approximately 40 grand a year more.

Why would you think they couldn't eventually bid on a full-time pkg car job ?

I believe the simplistic way to help the situation of the Preloads not being wrapped up on time is to raise the part time starting wage to 15$ a hour and possibly 20 $ with a opt out no benefits.

The time for submitting contract proposals, has long since past.

-Bug-

A lot of non facts...

1. A regular driver will only be paid about $13,000 more than a hybrid straight time. Not 40k

2. Pkgs left in cages? Do you mean in the boxline? If so, you are saying hybrids will do the same duplicate stops as regular drivers. That would be the most inefficient, costly way to run hybrids

3. Drivers will NOT make $45 in 2022.

I’m all for someone arguing an opinion, but at least start with the facts.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am still of the opinion, they will be additional support for the preload and then deliver

all the crap left in the building. And then.... bail out over dispatched RPCD's.

That would avoid having air drivers perform the work and being paid top driver rate.

Midnight sorts are hard to staff, but the preload is the hardest because of the hours.

-Bug-

DirtySouth

I am still of the opinion, they will be additional support for the preload and then deliver

all the crap left in the building. And then.... bail out over dispatched RPCD's.

That would avoid having air drivers perform the work and being paid top driver rate.

Midnight sorts are hard to staff, but the preload is the hardest because of the hours.

-Bug-

The concept (emphasis on the word concept) isn't necessarily a terrible one; using FT employees with an 8 hour guarantee to help staffing on the worst operations in the buildings and then to relieve OT on regular drivers.

In fact, I would have zero issue with 22.4's if they received ground rate as soon as they put on browns and jumped in the driver's seat along with having 9.5 protection. The company gets more 'flexibility' while protecting the standards of our work.

But driver pay for 22.4's doing driver work wasn't even proposed. Bravo Denis.

cachmeifucan

Hey to the negotiating committee I know they read these to get the feel of the educated and vocal members. Go back to the table get us a better deal the members are proud of. No more new classifications. More full time jobs. I've seen nothing to make me vote yes

The concept (emphasis on the word concept) isn't necessarily a terrible one; using FT employees with an 8 hour guarantee to help staffing on the worst operations in the buildings and then to relieve OT on regular drivers.

In fact, I would have zero issue with 22.4's if they received ground rate as soon as they put on browns and jumped in the driver's seat along with having 9.5 protection. The company gets more 'flexibility' while protecting the standards of our work.

But driver pay for 22.4's doing driver work wasn't even proposed. Bravo Denis.
My guess is that the lower rate was proposed as an average between inside wage and drivers wage. Not having them paid 2 different rates to avoid time card errors.

DirtySouth

My guess is that the lower rate was proposed as an average between inside wage and drivers wage. Not having them paid 2 different rates to avoid time card errors.

Air 22.3's in progression have two different pay rates; one for 22.3 inside work and another under the awful Article 40 language. The company has had zero problems making sure air 22.3's are paid the lesser rate while doing air work.

I know a steward in another building who basically lost out on $22,000+ over his progression in wages due to this loophole.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Air 22.3's in progression have two different pay rates; one for 22.3 inside work and another under the awful Article 40 language. The company has had zero problems making sure air 22.3's are paid the lesser rate while doing air work.

I know a steward in another building who basically lost out on $22,000+ over his progression in wages due to this loophole.
I am not sure about that. We have an art. 22.3 air/inside who gets top rate for both jobs. It is a PM air cover. It may be a side deal but it happens. All wages are minimums.

DirtySouth

I am not sure about that. We have an art. 22.3 air/inside who gets top rate for both jobs. It is a PM air cover. It may be a side deal but it happens.

There are several people that I know personally who have been affected by this issue as they had never driven air before going full time. Once someone finishes air progression (either while delivering Saturday Air or another air delivery job as a PT'er) it's not a problem.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Without seeing all the Master language or the supplements:

Does it hurt your mind:

To uselessly speculate on impending doom ?

It's like watching a 3 year old child, throw a temper tantrum.

You demand ?

:censored2: you.

Spend the money, time, and effort.... to be elected into Local Union office.

And then you could make a change.

-Bug-

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Without seeing all the Master language or the supplements:

Does it hurt your mind:

To uselessly speculate on impending doom ?

It's like watching a 3 year old child, throw a temper tantrum.

You demand ?

:censored2: you.

Spend the money, time, and effort.... to be elected into Local Union office.

And then you could make a change.

-Bug-

But... then we will become like THEM!:whiteflag:

Skooney

This is like the twilight zone watching these drivers who asked for less overtime squirm that they might ONLY get 8 hours a day.

If they hired 25% more fulltime drivers, contractually, would it be the same outrage?

Over disciplined0123

• Possible and probable issues and scenarios if this latest UPS proposal is accepted. As we typically see on a daily basis for the last 5 years the preload shifts can not wrap up before start times mostly due to the fact of employee turnover from the low starting pay and current part time wages . When drivers get out of the building late means they return to building later at night with all their pickup pieces at end of day (A chain reaction begins) It's obvious the company realizes this ongoing situation can not be fixed and is accepting situation with the new 22.4 lower paid hybrid drivers who will then never have the chance of the regular friend/T driver position which pays approximately 40 grand a year more ....!!!!Here is what is possible and probable..Let's say we have 845 start time any work not loaded on truck at starting time will be left in cages till the regular fulltime drivers leave the building then a few new empty trucks will be brought in and loaded and staffed with the lower paid 22.4 hybrid drivers .... The regular full time drivers are only guaranteed 8 hrs a day ,with that being said let's say only 7hrs of work was all that made it on your truck that day you would have to call in to center which then will send you to another driver for work or add some pick up stops so you get 8hrs of pay .. so every day these hybrid drivers ( who make significantly less money ) will deliver the packages that preload could not process before start time . Ups would save billions in operating costs and you will never see any more overtime again or a regular full time driver position filled again.This two tier wage scale is a union's worst enemy ,it was started by corporate America in the auto industry and look what happened to steel and auto workers which was once a most sought after career ....One that you could raise a family and live the American dream ..........I know ups will say that they are creating full time jobs which is a fact BUT. THEY ARE CREATING significantly Lower paying fulltime jobs.......instead of hiring a regular full time driver position who will be making 45 dollars an hour in 2022 . It amazes me that people do not know that UPS and/or investors will pay millions of dollars and hire these union busting money saving capitalists that shares ideas and tactics to increase divededs even if and when they take it from the rank and file hard working employees who made many sacrifices for this company a 6billion dollar profit making huge corporation .... we all need to open our eyes and look at the big picture of how UPS can and will abuse contract language .. as a 28 year teamster and ups employee I believe the simplistic way to help the situation of the Preloads not being wrapped up on time is to raise the part time starting wage to 15$ a hour and possibly 20 $ with a opt out no benefits ..Then you won't have so much employee turnover and have to keep retraining new part time employees also 50 percent of new partime hires never use their benefits for that matter so start them at $20 a hour with a opt out of no benefits ..I would just like to add that I learned a lot from this company as this being my first and only job in my lifetime. When I was 18 I was told by a manager we are all just numbers here at ups and easily replaced . That was almost 30 years ago I was told that and now see the meaning of his statement ....i. WE ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER FOR GODS SAKES AND COMMUNICATE WITH FACTS WHY WOULD WE WANT LOWER PAYING FULL TIME JOBS CREATED WHY NOT JUST HIRE MORE FULLTIME DRIVERS WITJ NO TWO TIER WAGE SCALE.
There should be a lot more then 1 agree here brothers.