NO TO HYBRID DRIVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RuthlessSupSlayer

I am still new as a driver and i do like having the OT my concern is losing my OT and not being guaranteed work.

1. Losing OT
a. (speculating) No protection for hybrid drivers due to the 9.5 list so therefore it would behoove managment to max them each week or at least 50 hours per week.
1a. So to alleviate excessive OT for FT the resolution is to create a lower class tier that runs into excessive overtime every week? Okay lets look at a probale senerio If a FT driver in 5 years get 5 hours of OT on average per week would gross $1900 at an even $40/hour VS a hybrid driver does 10 hours of OT at $34 per hour would gross $1870...so whats the point? Some could speculate that this strategy would be to eliminate a RPCD in lieu of a set up like FedEx where you load your own truck and go.
b. There has been no inside work minimum hours disclosed. This position needs at least 17.5 hours per week inside or 3.5 hours per day or a on road maximum. This would help (not resolve) the losing of OT.
c. If hybrid drivers are here to help the 9.5ers get in then fine. They should be only allowed to help 9.5 drivers and 8hr drivers. If a driver opts out of 9.5 then that route shall not be helped by a hybrid driver unless agreed upon managment and driver.
d. Hybrid drivers should have the same rights to a 9.5 list as the people's job they are doing.
e. If the progression of a Hybrid is the same a RPCD then that should change the Hybrid drivers should not make as much as someone in progression for RCPD or shorten the length. Otherwise theres no reason to be a rcpd.

As it pertains to the guarantee of work that last little line of if work is available needs to go because this will be a cop out for managment to select tue drivers they want. This will cause layoffs which goes against what unions stand for.

I am still new as a driver and i do like having the OT my concern is losing my OT and not being guaranteed work.

1. Losing OT
a. (speculating) No protection for hybrid drivers due to the 9.5 list so therefore it would behoove managment to max them each week or at least 50 hours per week.
1a. So to alleviate excessive OT for FT the resolution is to create a lower class tier that runs into excessive overtime every week? Okay lets look at a probale senerio If a FT driver in 5 years get 5 hours of OT on average per week would gross $1900 at an even $40/hour VS a hybrid driver does 10 hours of OT at $34 per hour would gross $1870...so whats the point? Some could speculate that this strategy would be to eliminate a RPCD in lieu of a set up like FedEx where you load your own truck and go.
b. There has been no inside work minimum hours disclosed. This position needs at least 17.5 hours per week inside or 3.5 hours per day or a on road maximum. This would help (not resolve) the losing of OT.
c. If hybrid drivers are here to help the 9.5ers get in then fine. They should be only allowed to help 9.5 drivers and 8hr drivers. If a driver opts out of 9.5 then that route shall not be helped by a hybrid driver unless agreed upon managment and driver.
d. Hybrid drivers should have the same rights to a 9.5 list as the people's job they are doing.
e. If the progression of a Hybrid is the same a RPCD then that should change the Hybrid drivers should not make as much as someone in progression for RCPD or shorten the length. Otherwise theres no reason to be a rcpd.

As it pertains to the guarantee of work that last little line of if work is available needs to go because this will be a cop out for managment to select tue drivers they want. This will cause layoffs which goes against what unions stand for.
Don't worry about a lack of OT. UPS management will work you until you quit along with the hybrid drivers. At $20.hr you are a borrowed mule.

Box Ox

Why UPS Stock Can Rise 30%

Even economists didn't think UPS could pull off 25%....

Even analysts are surprised at the degree to which Union negotiators are trying to sell out the membership.

I am taking @Tony Q ’s advice to reserve final judgement until we see all the goodies still to come in the full Contract reveal! LOL

“In recent negotiations with the Teamsters union, UPS secured a deal that would limit the number of hybrid drivers (i.e. drivers who also perform other duties) to 25% of the total amount of full-time carriers. That number is better than Vernon expected, allowing UPS to hire employees with more flexible roles and consequently gives the company greater flexibility in its cost structure. The deal also includes reductions to overtime and the cost of weekend operations, additional positive signs.”

YUOVER95

The scenario of us just straight up leaving the box line without all our volume would probably create more overtime. I’d be looking all over my truck looking for something that’s not even there. So Hybrid drivers would just get an empty package car with random volume and management would just tell them “Go deliver this crap with no EDD”. This would be the most backwards way of using hybrid drivers, but then again look who we work for.

Because I read no where about driver pay raises for next contract . I have been here I think 4 or 5 contracts now and always received what averages out to a dollar a year ... Don’t argue when you know nothing. Go apply for the hybrid driver job. I’ll be right next to you doing the same work making 20 dollars a hour more then you. How fair is that. Unions are all about equality and equal rights why would we vote on something that totally defeats the unionized workplace environment.. Wake up dude
again, not true.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Different President

The one term President. :biggrin:

The company called his bluff. That was the "real" story.

In their complete arrogance.... UPS thought it wouldn't happen.

We had so much fun in my Local, the company was granted judicial relief on the

number of picketers out in front of the building.

even BUG knows Junior would never call a strike.

Thanks, for that vote of confidence.

I have no idea what the General President thinks on this situation.

Even though I've met him numerous times at my Local, K hall Local, National Panels,

and various other venues.... It's not my place to comment on his thoughts.

-Bug-

542thruNthru

@1989 You should be totally against this. We all know how much you think it's unsafe for drivers to go out cold. Every single hybrid driver will be going out cold every day.

bowhnterdon

The one term President. :biggrin:

The company called his bluff. That was the "real" story.

In their complete arrogance.... UPS thought it wouldn't happen.

We had so much fun in my Local, the company was granted judicial relief on the

number of picketers out in front of the building.

Thanks, for that vote of confidence.

I have no idea what the General President thinks on this situation.

Even though I've met him numerous times at my Local, K hall Local, National Panels,

and various other venues.... It's not my place to comment on his thoughts.

-Bug-
Why not? You comment on everyone else’s.....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
And what will a new FT driver be making, first year of progression?
Now actually he's not completely wrong. A new hybrid will start at $20 an hour and I'll be at $37.78. Also in three years I'll be at $40 an hour and they will still be starting at $20 an hour.
A FT M-friend driver starting progression in this last contract starts at $18.50/hr
Whats the FN difference !!!!!!!
A 22.4 will do his 4 year progression and when he gets to FT M-friend, he'll make top rate right away. You guys all act like he would have to go through another 4 year progression or would be shut out of top rate all together.

We've already had an underpaid hybrid, it's called the 4 year driver progression.

542thruNthru

A FT M-friend driver starting progression in this last contract starts at $18.50/hr
Whats the FN difference !!!!!!!
A 22.4 will do his 4 year progression and when he gets to FT M-friend, he'll make top rate right away. You guys all act like he would have to go through another 4 year progression or would be shut out of top rate all together.

We've already had an underpaid hybrid, it's called the 4 year driver progression.

The difference is after that 4 years he's making what I make. I don't agree with the 4 year progression but it's already here. Sorry if I don't share your attitude towards starting a new lower paid class of driver.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The difference is after that 4 years he's making what I make. I don't agree with the 4 year progression but it's already here. Sorry if I don't share your attitude towards starting a new lower paid class of driver.

Do you really think 22.4 drivers will work their 4 years and be stuck there ?
UPS will want the fully progressed driver to go M-friend, and they will hire another full time 22.4 to take his place.

542thruNthru

Do you really think 22.4 drivers will work their 4 years and be stuck there ?
UPS will want the fully progressed driver to go M-friend, and they will hire another full time 22.4 to take his place.

Yes I believe that 22.4 will be stuck for longer then 4 years. If no one retires/quits/fired there is no need for UPS to make more fulltime drivers.

Hell we have PT cover drivers that have been cover for 7 years and driver every single day. Our wait to go full time is 10 years here. So again yes I believe in areas they will be stuck there for longer then 4 years.

We have 14 cover drivers that drive ever day. The 25% language will allow the company to make 20 22.4 drivers in my center alone. When the covers are slowly sent back into the building or made 22.4 they will be driving every day other then Monday.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Between injuries, moves to 22.3, feeders, (terminations), and retirement, there should be enough movement.
Our building was 5 1/2 years when I started delivery, now it's much faster around 2-3 years.
Every area is different obviously. We've had substantial movement to feeders and 22.3 in our center.
Obviously, we'll have to wait for the details