No Union Dues Deducted?

dachmo

I'm starting my 4th week as a part time loader and In my first (and only so far) 2 checks have no deductions for the initiation fee or union dues. Is this because there is currently no contract? or do I not pay until I reach seniority?

Thanks

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They will take dues and the initiation fee out the second week and your take home will be $62.75
lol yes
While I am usually a union buff, there needs to be an enforced minimum wage "take home"
That is, after taxes and union dues, take-home pay remains no lower than the minimum hourly wages.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
I'm starting my 4th week as a part time loader and In my first (and only so far) 2 checks have no deductions for the initiation fee or union dues. Is this because there is currently no contract? or do I not pay until I reach seniority?

Thanks

Better keeping moving up to Amazon they are paying $15 starting on Nov 1 2018, part time and full time benefits starting right away. Not this UPS protocol and waiting. No union dues either, why earning 10 or maybe 13 an hour, when u can start at 15.