Non-union to Union

Nclonghorns

I don't quite know if this is the right place to post this. But I am currently a PT preload supervisor. I went from just preload to supervision for the money. But now I would like to go back, due to the fact that I have picked up another job and it would make it easier for me. I am just getting tired of the crap with supervision. I will admit it was a mistake. So I ask is there any way that I can go back into the Union and get back on the belt just loading cars? Any help would be great.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have on on road sup that started as a sup went to driving and is now back as a sup. It can be done, I don't know what the circumstances were for this sup though.

ups79

We have on on road sup that started as a sup went to driving and is now back as a sup. It can be done, I don't know what the circumstances were for this sup though.

For most part the really poor ones start as a part time sup, drives for 30 days, thinks they know everything about driving, becomes your driver sup., and tries to tell you what you are doing wrong(not able to make standards). The really good ones start with a driving career and after a number of years in driving become a drivers sup.

For most part the really poor ones start as a part time sup, drives for 30 days, thinks they know everything about driving, becomes your driver sup., and tries to tell you what you are doing wrong(not able to make standards). The really good ones start with a driving career and after a number of years in driving become a drivers sup.
The really really bad ones start out as an OMS, then goes directly to OCS. Wanna talk about not knowing anything?

Yes it can be done. Really you just need to be honest and tell your manager that it's just not for you. There is nothing wrong with that. I would much rather have a PT sup. come and tell me that and try to get something worked out. Versus having a sup. that just really doesn't want to be there. It will effect your performance. Just talk to em and be honest.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In this case, he actually did drive for quite a few years, 10 (I think) before he went back to sup. I have had him on-car w/ me and he has always been very fair. That's not to say that we haven't had our difference of opinions, as he is mgt at heart, but he does know what he is doing. He is out right now on disability and I wish he would come back, soon.

RFDUpsSup

RFD Hub OUtbound Sup.
From what I gather (I have some friends in HR) you can only go back to non-Union if you take a full-time position as a driver. I don't think you can go from PT Sup to PT Hourly. One of the things they tell us in my building when we get promoted is that "You Can't Go Back"