Not looking forward to tomorrow

DorkHead

I opted to work. They want a 10:30 start but I`m going in at 9:30. There are always a few surprises and this isn`t my first rodeo.

upsman68

I start at 11:00. It looks they will ask me to take a code 5. What makes me mad is we have lower seniority drivers starting at 9:00.

DorkHead

I start at 11:00. It looks they will ask me to take a code 5. What makes me mad is we have lower seniority drivers starting at 9:00.

Why not go in early an explain you need more time than you thought. It usually works in everyones favor. If you run out of work, then take a lunch. It`s a code 5 and they won`t take out lunch unless you take one.:wink2:

Dissident

All vacations and 'awarded' days off accounted for, our center plans on starting monday off two drivers up. Knowing we'd get a foot of snow over the white christmas that we all so stupidly wish for, and that we had four or five drivers working through illness last week, I begin to think they expect to suddenly develop the ability to talk us all out of calling in when we're

a) stuck
b) puking

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

If you want the hours you are guaranteed 8. You do not have to take the code 5, simply tell the management team you want 8hrs. If you still do not get them file a grievance.

I expect to run a rural route all week, and possibly more if his back doesn't heal, unless a higher seniority driver wants it.

Monday could be a 250 mile+ day.

ouch.
If it had not been for 250+ miles rtes I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did. When driving 5 miles paid the same as delivering a 100 lb. package, gimme da miles.

over9five

Staff member
Woohooooo!!! 10 am start, can't wait to get there! EVERY day is Christmas at UPS, always full of surprises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raw

Raw Member
I`m ready to get back on schedule. I have a cool route with easy routes to each side of me so I am not concerned. Plus many fine eating establishments for lunch. Missed gym all week, need to get back there bright and early tuesday! :happy2:

Omega man

Yea, cutting routes everywhere. But, my boss told me thursday he has enough extras he was giving the guys off that bailed him out this peak. And asked if I wanted off? Kind of a no brainer, with all the crazy plans they are doing.

What about seniority? Do you always cut your own deals with management? Where is your shop steward?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Worked today, a sign up day. I Preloaded 10 package cars to boot.

The day before Christmas eve, a lot of the air was left in the building. This was due to ability to get it all to the building. Its like people were sitting at there desk at work or home and said "its Christmas eve tomorrow... lets overnight something!".

The sups are smart here like that, make a half day of work and get rid of it before unload the next day. Your building should have done the same thing.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It was a mess, but it's someone else's mess. Jones slid out the side door...

Thats what I did. I went in this morning, but I decided to go home. My route was combined with the one next to it, and I would have had to drive around with a map book for most of that one. Things should be better tomorrow, while I will still have some crazy add/cuts.