Not looking forward to tomorrow

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh well I have been trying to add a pic, I admit, Im too dumb. I cant figure out how to make them small for here, I know there is a way, Ive seen the thread hows your view.
So yes I blew off today, to let others work and its snowing like heck and Im oh so glad to be home............

Re-Raise

Apparently someone came up with the idea we should have some people deliver in the morning and start the rest at 1 p.m. to travel the same areas making pickups.

Once again this probably sounded great in an office somewhere. I delivered 70 stops which covered about three normal routes and 150 miles. Pretty easy day but I waved at the guy pulling into town to pick-up as I was leaving town.

The problem is many of the pickups are on area and the ones that start at 2: 30 are spread out between three towns.

Many of the places I delivered , the afternoon pickup guy had to return to later.

If they had asked for driver input... ha ha .. we could have done this in a lot fewer miles and hours.

But we pawns just move where they tell us.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
The easiest money I ever made at UPS, 37 stops, 5 pickups, 4 hr lunch at my house and I was paid for seating on my couch for 3hrs.

bigbrownhen

I took the day to take down my tree and decorations. Hubby and I even did a little shopping today. It was a nice day. :happy-very:

This is usually a rotten week to work, with the on calls, weird add/cuts, and extra pick ups. I have no problem letting a lower seniority driver have the hours here and there.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thats what I did. I went in this morning, but I decided to go home. My route was combined with the one next to it, and I would have had to drive around with a map book for most of that one. Things should be better tomorrow, while I will still have some crazy add/cuts.
I had my map out all day. :dissapointed: 55 stops. Done around 2 but had to wait to do p/u's. 25-30.

over9five

Staff member
Today was very busy in the yard, oh my God can't believe there were so many trailers. I would expect a very big day for Package tomorrow.

We tend to have light operational days but have extra work taking mt rentals back to the railyards.
Xmas is usually follow by "mgmt is being extra dicky" season for about a month.

ManUtd32780

It was a brutal day yesterday. I delivered the same amount of stops that I normally do but I covered three route areas. I usually average around 100 miles but went 151 yesterday. They brought in lower seniority guys at 3pm who requested a pay actual to cover some pickups. I went from 16 pickups to 31. I told my supe it was a disaster but he looked at me with that blank, vapid stare again.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was a brutal day yesterday. I delivered the same amount of stops that I normally do but I covered three route areas. I usually average around 100 miles but went 151 yesterday. They brought in lower seniority guys at 3pm who requested a pay actual to cover some pickups. I went from 16 pickups to 31. I told my supe it was a disaster but he looked at me with that blank, vapid stare again.

That and turning their backs to you are some of the first things they learn in sup school.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I told my supe it was a disaster but he looked at me with that blank, vapid stare again.

That is the look of a puppet who has been given all the responsibility for making an idiotic plan work...without the resources or the authority to adjust that plan according to reality.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It was a brutal day yesterday. I delivered the same amount of stops that I normally do but I covered three route areas. I usually average around 100 miles but went 151 yesterday. They brought in lower seniority guys at 3pm who requested a pay actual to cover some pickups. I went from 16 pickups to 31.

Congrats on making it work ... a true UPSer.