Notre Dame Cathedral

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
190125-donald-trump-ac-1030p_1399e6f923aba339c980f442c699fb4c.fit-760w.jpg
Talk to the HAND cause I ain't listening!

upload_2019-4-15_16-29-10.png

bacha29

the roof as collapsed
The roof t
"Thousands stood on the banks of the Seine river and watched in shock as the fire tore through the cathedral’s wooden roof and brought down part of the spire. Video filmed by onlookers and shared on social media showed smoke and flames billowing from the top of the cathedral.

Vincent Dunn, a fire consultant and former New York City fire chief, said that fire hose streams could not reach the top of such a cathedral, and that reaching the top on foot was often an arduous climb over winding steps.

“These cathedrals and houses of worship are built to burn,” he said. “If they weren’t houses of worship, they’d be condemned.”
The focus seemed more toward saving art works. it's not the first building that while attempting to fix it up catches on fire and after the first 15 minutes of burning nothing could be done to save it.Tourism is a big part of Paris economy and this will stimulate it for a bit when people come to see what's left. It will be replaced but not rebuilt due to current fire codes. This fire along with the clergy abuse law suits might have the Vatican looking for ways to raise some money. Even as a non Catholic I can see that this was the last thing The Vatican needs right now.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That’s what god does when your religion is turning into a sect of satanic pedophiles. May they all burn in Hell.

So, all Catholics are satanic pedophiles? And should burn in Hell? What religion do you practice that would promote such thinking? Sounds Muslim.

Box Ox

No, but his response is ridiculous.

Of course he's not responsible, but if one can't say anything constructive, then, you know, stfu.

Water-tankers?

WTF!

ME N CLETUS R SITTUN HEAR WUNDRIN WAH DEY AINT GUN DO DA PLANE THING LORD COMMANDER TRUMP SAYD DEY SHUD DO. HE A REEL STATE N CONSTRUCTON GENUS!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Leave it to some incompetent friend* stick in 2019. A real shame. I can credit Notre Dame as one of the buildings that inspired me to go into architecture early in my career.

vantexan

ME N CLETUS R SITTUN HEAR WUNDRIN WAH DEY AINT GUN DO DA PLANE THING LORD COMMANDER TRUMP SAYD DEY SHUD DO. HE A REEL STATE N CONSTRUCTON GENUS!
Still trying to get back in the good graces of the extreme Leftists on this forum? You're the moderate voice of reason in a sea of Left wing delusion. Own it!