Now District Managers follow us here!

• Thread starter dont want to be known
  • Start date

New Englander

Apparently you are too ignorant to know the difference between a division manager and a district manager. Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This coming from the same guy who also knows the job description and varying roles of a division manager. Shocking?

I have seen managers come out on area with a video recorder before. A lot of you fly under the radar for a variety of reasons, but anyone who defends the contract will be harassed to no end. Retaliation is the whole key here, right now we have a lot of nitwits on this board who strut around saying how they don't "need" to file grievances because they are such cunning linguists. What they aren't willing to admit is that they are downright fearful of the retaliation that comes along with stepping up to the plate. I know it, you know it and they know it.

Gee Griff......don't you think if the center manager couldn't handle one employee he'd be a bit fearful of his job?
If a Division or a District Manager is out chasing down individual drivers someone below them isn't doing their job.

Trust me if you've made yourself that much of a target that anyone above a center manager is out following you - your one step short of getting your arse canned.

Griff

Gee Griff......don't you think if the center manager couldn't handle one employee he'd be a bit fearful of his job?
If a Division or a District Manager is out chasing down individual drivers someone below them isn't doing their job.

Trust me if you've made yourself that much of a target that anyone above a center manager is out following you - your one step short of getting your arse canned.

I see you logged on your flame/troll account again to respond to every single post I have recently made.

I'm just an imaginary character, remember? None of what I say has an ounce of truth, I've never filed a grievance and all that. Excuse me while I go back to my corner and cower like a good UPS driver does.

It also brings up a question I have. If everything I say here is complete crap and made up, why do you continue to stalk me relentlessly? Do you have something to lose or to gain? What agenda are you pushing...

New Englander

I see you logged on your flame/troll account again to respond to every single post I have recently made.

I'm just an imaginary character, remember? None of what I say has an ounce of truth, I've never filed a grievance and all that. Excuse me while I go back to my corner and cower like a good UPS driver does.

It also brings up a question I have. If everything I say here is complete crap and made up, why do you continue to stalk me relentlessly? Do you have something to lose or to gain? What agenda are you pushing...

Well....since you like super heroes and fantasy. Did you see Unbreakable?
You know when Samual L. Jackson is distraught as to the meaning of his life?
I've finally discovered my archnemesis.

In reality Griffster, everytime you spew your garbage I read it and it makes me want to respond. You absolutely fail to make a point that leaves me thinking "Damn, he got it right!".
You are POSTING on a PUBLIC forum to actually get some one to reply? Why else would you be here?

New Englander

Actually Griff, if you think your a target of a troll account. Why not ask the Admin to check the ISP's of myself and who you think I am and see if it jives?

tieguy

Banned
Apparently you are too ignorant to know the difference between a division manager and a district manager. Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This coming from the same guy who also knows the job description and varying roles of a division manager. Shocking?

I have seen managers come out on area with a video recorder before. A lot of you fly under the radar for a variety of reasons, but anyone who defends the contract will be harassed to no end. Retaliation is the whole key here, right now we have a lot of nitwits on this board who strut around saying how they don't "need" to file grievances because they are such cunning linguists. What they aren't willing to admit is that they are downright fearful of the retaliation that comes along with stepping up to the plate. I know it, you know it and they know it.

not only that but the world is also being invaded by purple martians. thanks griff for giving us another sky is falling post.

tieguy

Banned

wow griff is now employing teaamster goon tactic 13B. Claiming he is being singled out and picked on.

He is also employing goon tactic 16a in which he is expected to humilate fellow teamsters into filing BS grievances.

Oops he also got 13A in there which is similar to 13B claiming he is being singled out and stalked.

Griff has been a very good student of goon methodology.:happy-very:

Griff

Well....since you like super heroes and fantasy. Did you see Unbreakable?
You know when Samual L. Jackson is distraught as to the meaning of his life?
I've finally discovered my archnemesis.

In reality Griffster, everytime you spew your garbage I read it and it makes me want to respond. You absolutely fail to make a point that leaves me thinking "Damn, he got it right!".
You are POSTING on a PUBLIC forum to actually get some one to reply? Why else would you be here?

Funny that you would call me your arch-nemesis. I guess that speaks volumes about the kind of weight I throw around. A little gnat like yourself reads a few of my posts and declares holy war on me. Unfortunately, you'll have to take a ticket and stand in line like the rest of the scabs.

Griff

wow griff is now employing teaamster goon tactic 13B. Claiming he is being singled out and picked on.

He is also employing goon tactic 16a in which he is expected to humilate fellow teamsters into filing BS grievances.

Oops he also got 13A in there which is similar to 13B claiming he is being singled out and stalked.

Did I touch a nerve there?

Funny that you would call me your arch-nemesis. I guess that speaks volumes about the kind of weight I throw around. A little gnat like yourself reads a few of my posts and declares holy war on me. Unfortunately, you'll have to take a ticket and stand in line like the rest of scabs.

You are probably your local's number one arch-nemesis...They probably wish they could throw you for all your useless grieves.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You are probably your local's number one arch-nemesis...They probably wish they could throw you for all your useless grieves.

As much respect as I have for Griff personally, I agree. Grieving just to grieve doesn't do organized labor's reputation any good. -Rocky

Foamer Pyle

In my 20 years at UPS I have never experienced the type of treatment management is dealing out to its employees now. We must have the same District manager. Its funny how I just opened the letter from UPS complimenting service providers for being the best in the business. When I go back to work on Monday, the persecutions will continue. I really want UPS to continue to prosper. However, I feel we are not on the same team, and UPS has no intentions of making us feel inclusive. Stop counts are up about 20 percent per route in my building, and managment continues to scratch their heads as to why accidents and injuries are on the rise. They implement policies and procedures that hinder my ability to complete my job in a timley manner. I could go on and on, but will stop here.

Griff

As much respect as I have for Griff personally, I agree. Grieving just to grieve doesn't do organized labor's reputation any good. -Rocky

This is a figment of your imagination. Every grievance I've ever inked my name to was a violation of the contract. Remind me again how that is "grieving just to grieve", please. All that's going on here is a handful of people on this forum have banded together in an attempt to remove my credibility. Sign of the times at UPS, accept the status quo or be put on trial.

This is a figment of your imagination. Every grievance I've ever inked my name to was a violation of the contract. Remind me again how that is "grieving just to grieve", please. All that's going on here is a handful of people on this forum have banded together in an attempt to remove my credibility. Sign of the times at UPS, accept the status quo or be put on trial.

Why don't you give some examples? I've asked before but you never do. You damage your own credibility. Watch out it's a big conspiracy against you.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Every grievance I've ever inked my name to was a violation of the contract. Remind me again how that is "grieving just to grieve", please.

:::Sighs:::. I went rounds with intelligent, educated people yesterday on a ListServ. I'm still kinda smarting from that. I think I'll bow out here on this discussion before it gets really venomous. -Rocky

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Griff vs TieGuy fued is a good example of the broad spectrum of management and union reps we have, and why we need balance.
Like Griff, I am also a shop steward. Unlike Griff, I dont file many grievances. Part of the reason for that is because I dont need to... we have a couple of Griff-type stewards in our building who do file a lot, and they tend to keep management honest and accountable to the contract.
I dislike confrontation. I like to be reasonable, and I tend to deal well with management who feels the same way. Unfortunately, we also have our share of management who have nothing but contempt for the contract and the people they manage. They are ball-busters, and its nice to have a Griff in your corner to provide some balance.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I first started at UPS I didnt know much about unions, as far as I was concerned it was $30 a month I had to pay and nothing more.
I learned everything I know about "goon methodology"...from my management team. There is something about having your supervisor meet you behind a blown-out P600 with a termination letter in hand, threatening to "take your job" if you dont skip your lunch and "run scratch" on this overdispatched abortion of a route, that really opens your eyes to what "good methodology" is all about.
I have never met Griff, or even talked to him, so I dont know if he is a "goon" or not. I have, however, dealt with plenty of management people whose picture could very well appear in the dictionary next to the word "goon". I guess I should be grateful to them....they were the best lesson of the benefits of a labor union that I have ever had.

Griff

The Griff vs TieGuy fued is a good example of the broad spectrum of management and union reps we have, and why we need balance.
Like Griff, I am also a shop steward. Unlike Griff, I dont file many grievances. Part of the reason for that is because I dont need to... we have a couple of Griff-type stewards in our building who do file a lot, and they tend to keep management honest and accountable to the contract.
I dislike confrontation. I like to be reasonable, and I tend to deal well with management who feels the same way. Unfortunately, we also have our share of management who have nothing but contempt for the contract and the people they manage. They are ball-busters, and its nice to have a Griff in your corner to provide some balance.

Except I'm not a steward, our steward skips his lunch and his truck is half empty every day.

tieguy

Banned

Sure it is griff. Sure . Buddy . Uh....huh....Got ya.

Griff

Why don't you give some examples? I've asked before but you never do. You damage your own credibility. Watch out it's a big conspiracy against you.

I have to sit here and explain articles of the contract to you? Why the hell would I bother...